Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Need sway bar advice
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
PeeGreen 914
So I am want to replace the old Weltmeister bar I have in my car with a 24mm bar. The only bars I see that I like are the Tarett bars, but they only come with a 22mm. At least that is all I am finding. Anyone have ideas?

Thanks,

Jon
TravisNeff
I don't know about the taretts, but you can get a smart racing produts bar in 20, 23, 27, 30
J P Stein
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Aug 14 2007, 11:50 AM) *

So I am want to replace the old Weltmeister bar I have in my car with a 24mm bar. The only bars I see that I like are the Tarett bars, but they only come with a 22mm. At least that is all I am finding. Anyone have ideas?

Thanks,

Jon

The Tarett is hollow & 25mm giving an effective stiffness of a 22mm bar.....all the roll stiffness you will ever need....in some cases, more. I ran mine at full soft for a long time till I went to 275/300lb rear springs.
PeeGreen 914
Hey JP. So maybe the Tarett is the way to go. However, why do you run such stiff springs? When I was talking to Fordahl about that he said that a 914 shouldn't use more than 250. What are your thoughts on that.
J P Stein
QUOTE(Blood red 914-6gt @ Aug 14 2007, 12:51 PM) *

Hey JP. So maybe the Tarett is the way to go. However, why do you run such stiff springs? When I was talking to Fordahl about that he said that a 914 shouldn't use more than 250. What are your thoughts on that.

I don't know what to say about that....except to say "Why not?"

We may have arrived at our set-ups in different ways. He prolly runs a rear bar & LSD....I don't. Do you? 250lb rear springs caused my inside rear wheel to unload enuff to spin it. 275s don't allow that....nor do the 300s. I needed the stiff rear springs to overcome the push brought on by 21 mm T bars....even with the AR bar set full soft. Made some changes and now set it about half hard with the 275s.
Yes, I've done some thrashing around to get AX balance in the car.

BTW, a lightened flywheel gains an unmeasureable amount of performance for big dollars. A stage I Kennedy Engineering clutch & stock flywheel will hold your power just fine while not overstressing your clutch cable setup.

You pays your money & you takes your chances.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.