Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: REAR targa seal repro on ebay, anyone buy one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Ferg
Saw this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...1QQcmdZViewItem

Is the seller a member?

Anyone buy one, if so R U happy?

Mine is wasted, and Pelican lists OEM for $447 or something silly blink.gif

Ferg beerchug.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 14 2007, 11:43 AM) *

Saw this auction

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Porsche-914...1QQcmdZViewItem

Is the seller a member?

Anyone buy one, if so R U happy?

Mine is wasted, and Pelican lists OEM for $447 or something silly blink.gif

Ferg beerchug.gif

Yep I have one, bought it from a member here in the vendors section. I think it works just fine.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
The kid makes a decent seal yes but not exactly as original. there are several inexpensive repros out there for the 914 563 077 11 which are much more accurate and around the same price. New ones are 375.00 these days.
Dr Evil
$50? I thought there were a few members that were making these for less out of garage door seal material.

Anyone remember the "Sammy seal"?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
there were several making these and we looked at them all to consider buying them and listing as a cheap alternative to the original factory seal (my continued belief not to duplicate something for the 914 that another is already making and selling for a fair price) but none were close enough to the factory seal to be acceptable.
markb
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 14 2007, 02:02 PM) *

Anyone remember the "Sammy seal"?

Yup, I've got one on the red car, and a second in the box for use on the 2 piece car.
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Yep, Kerry is a great guy , and has a great product. I have 2 ,one for the top i sanded smooth and one for the regular top.
When installed according to the directions,and latches adjusted correctly, fit was perfect for me. Nice to drive any speed and little if any wind noise. Do not be afraid to buy his product. Dave slap.gif
Ferg
Just paypal'd Kerry

He gave me a discount aktion035.gif

There goes my concours career down the drain rolleyes.gif

Ferg
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Ferg:

You will not loose your CW statis ,if you don't let the judge take the top off the car. Dave confused24.gif laugh.gif laugh.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.