Full Version: Slightly OT - I bought another Porsche -Update
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
ClayPerrine
I picked this up on Sunday...

Click to view attachment

1968 912

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

It's a little rough, but the chassis is solid.....

Click to view attachment

And this is where the leftover 2.4L engine with Webers is going!!! happy11.gif

It also gets the vented rotors and M calipers, the 19mm master cylinder,and a tailshifter trans from a 914 that I am going to flip the ring gear and put on the 911 tailhousing.

Basically, this car will be built from leftovers from my 914/6 project.........

Ok..I know I have been very vocal about razzing people about their "taildraggers". I am waiting for the inevitable beat down I am about to receive... whip[1].gif

jasons
Hey, you got a long hood. No shame there.

Edit: Imagine the shame I felt when I bought that Vette in my avatar. I've made fun of those for years.
Cap'n Krusty
I'm sure you know the master cylinder on a 67 (indeed, on all SWB 911/912s is different from the later cars, as are the struts, ball joints, and a lot of other stuff. I've heard of replumbing the brakes to take the dual circuit M/C, and the suspension swap is pretty straightforward. If you do as I did, you can use vented brakes on the front, but you need wither different hubs, or 1/8" spacers and longer studs to accept the alloys. BTW, I have a selection of chill cast tranny cores that might suit your needs. Better gearing for the sixer. Most just need a couple of bearings. The Cap'n
scotty b
SWB cars are mo fun too driving.gif
ClayPerrine
It is a 68, so from what I understand it uses the same master cylinder as the 914. If not, I am going to replumb it for a dual circuit. I have vented front and rear rotors, and both axles worth of M calipers. As for the wheels, it came with 4 steel ones, so I will probably just clean them up and put hubcaps on it. I know about the struts, ball joints and the other stuff. All of the suspension is in really good shape for the age of the car, the chassis has under 80K on it, and I bought it from the original owner.

And the tranny.. well, I am going to use the leftovers from my 914 boxes, probably the tailshifter I have laying around (not yours Pokey). I am not going to screw with it at first, just bolt it in and see what it does......

Eric_Shea
The shame is fuching up a rare 912 by butting a six in there (did I just say that?)

Well... the world could use another R clone. wink.gif
SLITS
Can you see over the steering wheel or do you have to peek thru the spokes?
ClayPerrine
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 14 2007, 07:56 PM) *

The shame is fuching up a rare 912 by butting a six in there (did I just say that?)

Well... the world could use another R clone. wink.gif

The previous owner was gonna scrap it.. He bought it new, and when the engine on his 356 C tossed a rod through the case, he pulled the engine and tranny from the 912. The rest was headed for the junkyard when I bought it dirt cheap.... So I am saving another one and keeping it on the road.

And you could say the same thing about a 914 /6 conversion wink.gif

Eric_Shea
And you could say the same thing about a 914 /6 conversion

Utt uuuuuuuuh tongue.gif
GWN7
Their coming out of the wood work......I'm going to look at a 68L tomorrow along with the the 69S smile.gif
GaroldShaffer
Those are nice cars. I bought a complete 66 912 in real bad shape for $750 and thought about making a restoration project out of it, but it was way more than I could every do so I sold it for just over $2k and did nothing but take pictures and ebay it.

The owner of the 912 gave me a contact on a 74 911 coupe, which has a long history, but when said and done it will be mine for........are you ready for this......................................................

$300

and it runs w00t.gif

There is my 2.7 conversion. drooley.gif

Now its just a matter getting the title crap done, and well getting the car home. Which is taking for ever. mad.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.