Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Off to Monterey
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
brer
off for the rest of the week to go to the Monterey Historics, Auctions and concourse on sunday. Anyone else going? I'm so stoked.

Camera charged, check.
batteries, check.
slimjim, check.

Ferg
Have Fun!

Katy's Place in Carmel for Breakfast thumb3d.gif

Friday is great at the track for hanging at the pits.

Wish I was going this year sad.gif

Ferg

brer
I like Deechen's down in Big Sur for eggs and rosemary potatoes. chowtime.gif
drgchapman
The wifey and I are leaving Thursday evening. Staying in Salinas. We're attending the Italian concours, heading out to the track for one day of historics. First time for us. Ready to drop some coin...........
SGB
I've got business im Monterey I must to plan a trip to review. What other events are on the calender around there the next couple of months?
markb
Rosine's in Monterey is great! And desserts to die for (they actually have had a cake named Death by Chocolate). I think it's on Alverado.
Michael N
I have one more day of a 10 day stretch at work, then I am off with a 3 day pass for the Historics. Monterey race/concours week is the best and I look forward to it all year. biggrin.gif biggrin.gif biggrin.gif
Dave_Darling
Lisa and I will be there! Well, not at the Historics this year, but hitting the Concorso and at least one or two other events. smile.gif We have a friend with a place not too far from there, and we'll be crashing there.

--DD
boxstr
Gary I hope you meant last Thursday, especially if you take Pams car.
CCLINSMARTCAR
drgchapman
QUOTE(boxstr @ Aug 16 2007, 08:45 AM) *

Gary I hope you meant last Thursday, especially if you take Pams car.
CCLINSMARTCAR

Very funny!
We're flying down.
You'd be surprised at how quick the little SMART car is. I wouldn't however want to drive it for 10 hours. It's a little thin in the seats, and the little wheels pick out all the bumps. Great little around town car, especially at 60 MPG.
PatW
Going on Saturday.
ppickerell
We will be camping in the Grand Prix campgrounds all three days. Look for the Peridot racing banner!
boxstr
Gary, you guys have a good time. If there is on event that every gearhead has to attend before they go to gearhead heaven, that would be Monterey for the concours and all of the auctions and racing and everything else that goes with it.
It is an autoorgasm all week long.
CCLINWISHIWASTHEIR
drgchapman
Friday at the Monterey Concours d' Elegance

A couple of Saleen cars.
The fashion show was fun and good looking.

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
drgchapman
A Bugatti Veyron, a mere $1.8M

Click to view attachment
Michael N
Spent the day at the Historics, the went to the pier near the RM and Russo actions. Tons of nice cars and a few that you don't see often. I was too lazy to walk back to get my camera from the car at Laguna Seca so no pics from there but here are some from the auction previews. The Charger prototype was estimated to sell at 2 million +. I liked how the white lines continued down the entire length of the car and seperated the interior. The Rat Fink bike had the tail light at the tip of the rats tail.
Michael N
Click to view attachmentJetsons mobile and some kind of car with a Chalon body kit. av-943.gif
brer
The Jetsons mobile is actually

The Beatnik Bandit. smile.gif

I had the Revell Kit once.

I'll put some pics up tonight.
All I can say is

OH MY!
brer
So here are some pics.

Where else but at Pebble Beach can you be driving down the road behind 15 Ferrari' and get stopped by 3 Italian designers from The Giugiaro Design Firm because you are driving a Subaru and are the only car that has the right size lug wrench to fit the wheel spacers on their Mustang concept car?

We loaned them the lug wrench and threw stick to our buddy the border collie while they changed tires. To support the car they used a stack of amazing design folios that were to be given away at the concourse. I know they are amazing because Goffredo gave Kelly one as a thank you.

He also gave her his card and I was like "Hey!" but then he invited us to Visit the studios in Torino next time we are in Italy.

He doesn't know it, but i'm going to show up next summer on his door step. smilie_pokal.gif

Here's a few, as I sort the rest I may put them up.
brer
some more
brer
oh yes i want it
brer
I love the king cobra pic. aktion035.gif
euro911
Someone busted their arse to get a couple of RSKs ready for the event ... sorry I couldn't make it dry.gif

Hope to park one of my cars on the grass some day ...
brer
I hope you'll be the one taking the compliments on that one. thumb3d.gif

Picking grass from your treads with tweezers is a right of passage I was told... not that I'll ever be there doing that though. confused24.gif

I like driving my car fast anyway.

euro911
This is a friend's shop down the street from me, and he does exemplary work.

I stop in regularly for inspiration fixes drooley.gif and lend a hand if needed. I learn quite a bit from him and I'd like to 'work' here part-time when I retire (without pay) wink.gif

I only have one car that has to be restored to original smilie_pokal.gif ... the rest of them are for driving driving.gif

Thanks for posting the pix beerchug.gif
rick 918-S
QUOTE(brer @ Aug 20 2007, 09:12 AM) *

The Jetsons mobile is actually

The Beatnik Bandit. smile.gif

I had the Revell Kit once.

I'll put some pics up tonight.
All I can say is

OH MY!

The most outragous customizer of all time. No one comes close. Ed "Big Daddy" Roth. RIP sad.gif
SGB
Excellent pictures. Thanks very much.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.