Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6 find
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
I found a 914-6 that has ben setting for over twenty years in a not so nice garage. The windshield had gotten broken and it hasn't been started for the length of it's stay in the garage. It is very sound structually and would need a total restore of engine tranny and paint from the long set. Could someone give me an idea of what this car is worth in it's current condition.
DEC
thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
RonnieJ
I'm going over thursday evening to give it a good look and try and get some pics.
Ferg
has the seller given you a number yet? my advice is bring cash (I'm not kidding)

without seeing it myself 5-10k for a six that is complete but needs a full on resto is fair, but I would try and get it cheaper happy11.gif

Oh, and since you are in MI, I can't stress enough, how important the rust issue is... One winter is enough to ruin these cars.

Ferg
degreeoff
QUOTE(Ferg @ Aug 15 2007, 09:31 AM) *

has the seller given you a number yet? my advice is bring cash (I'm not kidding)

Ferg

agree.gif money talks and BIG denominations like 100's speak LOUDER! thumb3d.gif
RonnieJ
For a 70 914-6 the money he wants is very reasonable. If I buy it it's going to be a quick turn around to someone else who has the time to restore a sixer back to it's original glory. I just hate to see it set and fall apart when there are so many of us that love these cars.
greybeard50
I can bring cash. Call me 765-210-6369

Dick Johnson Peru, IN
Eric_Shea
Being a fellow Michigander I agree with the obsessive/compulsive car washer/waxer. Look at the hell holes and jack posts.

I would go lower than the $5k range though... No? Think about it:

Engine = $7k
Tranny = $1k (plus)
"Good" paint (which a -6 deserves) = $7 - 10k (plus)
All the other shit you'll need = $3-5k

Now how much do we have into the barn find? Or... seing as how you want to turn it... how much can you sell it for? It gets to the point that it isn't a rational buy. You'll need to find a buyer that is willing to sink more into it than it's currently worth.

After doing one of these things I would buy one that's extremely clean for $20-25k vs. having to do all that work.

Hope that helps
TJB/914
QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Aug 15 2007, 09:00 AM) *

I found a 914-6 that has ben setting for over twenty years in a not so nice garage. The windshield had gotten broken and it hasn't been started for the length of it's stay in the garage. It is very sound structually and would need a total restore of engine tranny and paint from the long set. Could someone give me an idea of what this car is worth in it's current condition.

Hi Ronnie, fellow Plymouth, Michigan guy here.

If you need someone to go along with you I am available with a pocket of 100's. I can also go along to advise & help if you want. Give me a ring & let me know if interested??

Tom
BTW: Is it in the 9-mile & Woodward area?? A secrete one I know about. popcorn[1].gif
Eric_Shea
Tom's asleep at the wheel... biggrin.gif

Aren't you pupposed to be scouring the MI county roads in a grid pattern for this kind of stuff? What happened? How'd this one slip under the radar?? lol3.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 15 2007, 02:02 PM) *

Tom's asleep at the wheel... biggrin.gif

Aren't you pupposed to be scouring the MI county roads in a grid pattern for this kind of stuff? What happened? How'd this one slip under the radar?? lol3.gif

Hi Eric,

Don't scare Ronnie into thinking I would kick him to the curb if I went along. Like the Govt. says "I am here to help you".
Call me Ronnie I really will help you, cell # (734) 834-5606
I know 914's & market prices to offer. popcorn[1].gif

Tom
RonnieJ
Sorry Guys, This one isn't in MI it's in WV and one of my friends alerted me on it. There is a nice 70 1.7 in the Detroit Metro area for sale though.
Eric_Shea
Tom's been issued an official "Reprieve". You should take him to WV with you though... he's good company in the car. (Tom's good people)

wink.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 15 2007, 04:29 PM) *

Tom's been issued an official "Reprieve". You should take him to WV with you though... he's good company in the car. (Tom's good people)

wink.gif

Dam Eric,

Now you tricked me into telling about that 914-6 (garage stored) in the Woodward, 9-mile Rd. area. I won't fall for that trick again & tell you about the beautiful low milage original lady owned Olympic Blue 1974 in storage for over 15-years in Lansing, MI. Oh, wait, you tricked me again. mad.gif

Tom
BTW: I guess it's again time to check the lady who has the stored 914. I was trying to steal it & she was not ready to let it go cheap. popcorn[1].gif
RonnieJ
I would love to find a nice original 914-6 in good condition that I wouldn't have to completely rebuild but those type aren't usually for sale. Guess I'm going to keep driving my 75 2.0 until I hit the lottery driving.gif
Lou W
I forgot to mention, I saw a 914-6 that's been in storage in a garage the last time that I was in Utah, last month. I think it had less than 999 miles, original tank of gas, keys in the ignition, still idleing. I couldn't remove the roof...welded in place??? weird... anyway, how much do you think its worth?

popcorn[1].gif laugh.gif
DEC
QUOTE(Lou W @ Aug 16 2007, 03:00 AM) *

I forgot to mention, I saw a 914-6 that's been in storage in a garage the last time that I was in Utah, last month. I think it had less than 999 miles, original tank of gas, keys in the ignition, still idleing. I couldn't remove the roof...welded in place??? weird... anyway, how much do you think its worth?

popcorn[1].gif laugh.gif

$5

shades.gif beerchug.gif av-943.gif
RonnieJ
As much as your smart ass is willing to pay bootyshake.gif
Eric_Shea

I would have given more if they wouldn't have welded the damn roof on!

(There is an original GT here in Utah... factory flat hood with no headlights. Little old lady has it. Kid you not.) wink.gif
brownaar
Ronnie,
What other info do you have on the car. My dad sold his 6 to somebody in WV about 20 years ago and i've been looking for it since. Any chance the car is Adriatic Blue?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.