Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber 40IDA's What are they worth ?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
v82go
Title sez it all, included with the 3 cars I bought are a set of triple choke 40ida's.
These were refurbished by Bieker Engineering ($808.35) and have not been installed since the rebuild. What would be a fair reserve to place on them if they go to ebay ?

Thanks Bob
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(v82go @ Aug 15 2007, 02:55 PM) *

Title sez it all, included with the 3 cars I bought are a set of triple choke 40ida's.
These were refurbished by Bieker Engineering ($808.35) and have not been installed since the rebuild. What would be a fair reserve to place on them if they go to ebay ?

Thanks Bob

should bring two grand easily.
Rusty
I think that 2 grand is optimistic. A sparkly-new set of PMOs can be had for 2600.

Who knows how long they've been sitting, or under what conditions? "Complete refurbishment" can mean many things to many people - and quality of machine work varies.

Good luck with your sale.
boxstr
Let ebay tell you what they are worth.
CCL
IronHillRestorations
I'd say they wouldn't sell at auction for more than $1200 to $1400 max.
Maybe if Bieker, or George sold them they could get more, but from a private party I don't think they'll fetch close to two grand.
I'd be happy to proven wrong though. Good luck.
Eric_Shea
agree.gif with all the old farts slits.gif

$1.5k would be a nice auction for you. Harry does good work.
boxstr
I sold a set, NOS Webers $2700. And not on ebay.
CCLINPMOME
v82go
Thanks to all! I will place a $1200 reserve.

Bob
IronHillRestorations
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 16 2007, 05:18 PM) *

agree.gif with all the old farts slits.gif

$1.5k would be a nice auction for you. Harry does good work.

(De Niro voice).....you talkin' ta me? .......you talkin' ta me????
Eric_Shea
You, Craig and Rusty specifically... George is getting to be an antique as well though biggrin.gif

(I'm am a spry young thing...)
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 17 2007, 10:52 AM) *

You, Craig and Rusty specifically... George is getting to be an antique as well though biggrin.gif

(I'm am a spry young thing...)

Ok you "punks"!!! You have to come and visit and we will all run the 4.5 mile river course and then we will go the bar and chase some women for the rest of the night!!!

Seriously though for the vintage 914-6 or 911 owner wanting absolute originality, nothing but an original set of webers will do. Richard's PMO repros are superb, but not original. Galen B, does an excellent job of overhaul along with cad plating so the carbs look NEW again. That is why they are worth the money and I am sure that the collector would be happy to pay 2 grand for a fresh set.
Eric_Shea
Harry (Galen's Poppy) does the carbs. He did my MFI. You're right, they should look new.

With some good pictures and descriptions (and seeds to proper forums like www.early911sregistry.org) they could go for some serious coin.

(Is there a road next to said "river course" so I can time you guys to see how fast you're running and to make sure you did all 4.5 miles? Reminds me of old bull/young bull... tag line: "let's walk down there and fuch them all!") biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.