Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Import Motor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rat
Anyone done business with them or know of anyone who has.The 2258cc motor looks like a good value for about $3K.Are they reputable or is this a bomb ready to explode?
dr914@autoatlanta.com
I would suggest only three places for a large capacity high performance four cylinder. They are: Jake Raby, Jake Raby, and Jake Raby
dinomium
it has been a couple years, but I still wont do biz with them! There are a ton of threads out there about those guys...

hydroliftin
QUOTE(914rat @ Aug 15 2007, 04:36 PM) *

Anyone done business with them or know of anyone who has.The 2258cc motor looks like a good value for about $3K.Are they reputable or is this a bomb ready to explode?

It seems kind of unlikely that Import Motor or anyone else is going to be able to build a quality 2258cc motor for $3000. Parts alone for a quality stock rebuild are going to run $3K. From what I have read, when you get into that large an engine you really need nickies if you don't want to rebuild again in a short amount of time. That's another $3K there.
davep
blowup.gif
skline
Import Motor is the same as GEX. Search this site for GEX.

Clayton
Joe Ricard
I've got more than that in my new motor and I am not even done yet. 2098cc. and I'm just a nobody shade tree wrench.

How do you make 2258cc? Bore stroke dimensions.....
IronHillRestorations
You'll get what you pay for. Too cheap=Too cheap. A known good, used, guaranteed engine could cost close to that.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.