Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Seat upholstery or covers?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slim72914
My seat pads are cracked and brittle from the PO letting the car sit out doors 20 years... Anyone know if do it yourself upholstery or just simple covers are out there anywhere? or is a full rewrap called for?
xperu
I used iggee seat covers, they fit like a glove, and give no hint as being covers. There are several vendors who offer cover OEM correct materials, or you can get some good deals on seats here in the For Sale postings from time to time. Mike
slim72914
QUOTE(xperu @ Aug 16 2007, 04:43 AM) *

I used iggee seat covers, they fit like a glove, and give no hint as being covers. There are several vendors who offer cover OEM correct materials, or you can get some good deals on seats here in the For Sale postings from time to time. Mike

I looked iggee up online. They look super nice. Any pics of them installed?
xperu
QUOTE(slim72914 @ Aug 16 2007, 11:26 AM) *

QUOTE(xperu @ Aug 16 2007, 04:43 AM) *

I looked iggee up online. They look super nice. Any pics of them installed?

I will send you photo's tomorrow if thats OK.
jasons
I came across some of those Neoprene Wet Okole covers. They are fitted for the 914 and look decent. But they are Neoprene and they don't breath too well. I still have them on a pair of good seats in storage, just to protect them from shelf wear.
RonnieJ
XPeru,

Thanks for the heads up on the seat covers. Those look real nic.
Coy
xperu can you post pictures? I may be interested in those too?
Joe Owensby
You may want to check out local upholstery shops, maybe ones that do hot rod stuff. I had my seats totally re-covered by a local shop and they look great.

I also got new door panels and carpet from Morph in the classified section on this board. My panels were in pretty bad shape and the new ones from Morphnspectre ( I am not sure I remember the spelling) had fiberglass boards to replace the paper board ones, and then covered with the black upholstery material. These look great. Service was also great. I still need to get the back firewall panel re-done, so I am not sure if I will get a kit to recover it myself, or try to find someone to do it.

JoeO
Gint
QUOTE(Joe Owensby @ Aug 16 2007, 09:52 PM) *

You may want to check out local upholstery shops, maybe ones that do hot rod stuff. I had my seats totally re-covered by a local shop and they look great.

How much did it run? Just looking for a ball park figure to have a shop do a set of seats.
Plaindaner
I bought some upholstery fabric from the local shop and had a friend with a commercial sewing machine do these. Fabric, embroidery and labor came out to under $100 a seat. The fabric is breathable and stays cool even with the top off on a hot day.Click to view attachment
xperu
QUOTE(Coy @ Aug 16 2007, 07:03 PM) *

OK I'll post some tomorrow for ya!

I had an estimate to re-upolster my interior with non-OEM material and colth inserts "due to the hot humid summers in Houston" at a quality shop. it was aprox. $700. That was for the doors, backpad and seats. Mike
nick mironov
I used Autos International upholstery kits for the seats and backpad.

See here.
xperu

Here are some pics of the iggee seat covers in and out of the car. I like the retro look and it brightens up the interior from OEM. I hope the pics help. Mike smoke.gif
scotty
^^^ They really make the car stand out! w00t.gif
warrenoliver
QUOTE(xperu @ Aug 18 2007, 02:30 PM) *

Here are some pics of the iggee seat covers in and out of the car. I like the retro look and it brightens up the interior from OEM. I hope the pics help. Mike smoke.gif

Whoa, camo seat covers? Seems to blend right in with the background! laugh.gif
xperu
QUOTE(warrenoliver @ Aug 18 2007, 03:31 PM) *

QUOTE(xperu @ Aug 18 2007, 02:30 PM) *

Whoa, camo seat covers? Seems to blend right in with the background! laugh.gif

Oh well that was constructive of you, got anymore comments. KMA.gif Actually I am spend my time trying to post some pics to help a forum buddy.
slim72914
Nick. those covers look great! maybe Ill try to go those. maybe I'll paint my car that blue also... very nice!
Coy
Here are the pictures experu was sending. Nice seats!

Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment
Click to view attachment

Thanks for sending them!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.