Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Having a 'convertible' sucks
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
purple
Two weeks of the gas tank being out of the car while I get everything back up to MY standards, not the hacking the P.O. did, and the weather has be GORGEOUS!

Not a raindrop to be seen for 14 whole days....nary a cloud in the sky

Last night plumbed the pump, mounted it, put the tank back in.....

AND SOME DAMN TROPICAL STORM HITS TEXAS?????!?!?!?!?!!?ONE

WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif WTF.gif

To repeat

WTF.gif !!!!!!!!!

The very day I want to leak test and take it for a spin with my new CB rotary...and it's rained hard enough to drown a frog.

LAME!
mrhurtalot
= [ sorry!
por73914
That sucks!
MrZir
Do send it a bit further north, we could use a little cooling off. smile.gif
xperu
I am at my office in a High Rise office building in Houston, the thunder is bouncing off the buildings and the underground parking is flooding, so I'll see what happens when I go home at 4:30, my car may be flooded along with the other few hunderd that work here. mad.gif
purple
not one to let God get in my way...I went home for lunch and put some gas in it....NO LEAKS!

then I tried the new pump....no pumping was going on, I couldnt see fuel in the clear filter I installed just for this purpose.

I popped up the tank and found the hose off the bottom was kinked. I re-routed it slightly and replaced it. Tried pumping again and SUCCESSS!!!!!!!

Fired right up and idled beautifully!

I goosed it a little and it seemed a little freer with the goosing.

My question would be... does putting a regulated pump on there make any difference?

It had a facet, unregulated. It was really sputtery and kinda hesitated at idle.

Is this possible?

By the way....knock my motorcycle exhaust...but god-damn does it sound good. I missed the sound of my red & black sex machine
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(purple @ Aug 16 2007, 01:15 PM) *

By the way....knock my motorcycle exhaust...but god-damn does it sound good. I missed the sound of my red & black sex machine

huh.gif

biggrin.gif
Gint
Put the top on the damn thing and drive it. driving.gif Just like Texas, it will dry out.
SLITS
If you drive fast enough the rain will blow over you ...........
purple
Say Word Son!!!

I drove my baby to work this morning!

With targa safely stowed in the trunk

Wow, what a great friggen car, boy did I miss driving it so. Everything was perfect... acceleration was great (still slow with my shitty progrssive carb) didnt miss shifts, didnt grind 2nd, it's ALL good.

purps
Root_Werks
driving.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.