Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: HAS ANYONE SEEN THIS?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
wbergtho
I stumble across this the other day and started thinking.....hmmmmm........
What do the rest of you guys think of this car? I think it has much nicer lines than the Ultima GTR. I understand it comes as a roller for about 45K. It is slightly out of my range...but hey, if I sold my car...maybe all my personal belongings, and borrowed a few bucks from my 401K...I just might be able to swing it. Of course after spending another 25-30K on a drivetrain, my wife would divorce me...take the house and send me out onto the highway exit ramp with a cardboard sign. Hmmm....maybe I'll just be happy with what I have for now. unsure.gif
BMXerror
Hmm.. That's cool... and you're right. It does look better than a GTR.
Company linky.
http://www.superlitecars.com/index.html
It needs to be lower though. Anybody know what that engine is? Everybody should know what tranny that is. Ideas!!! Can anybody say '928 conversion'? drooley.gif
Mark D.
wbergtho
The guy that created it is Fran Hall of Racecar Replicas...somewhere in MI and it is designed to accomidate a multitude of engine transaxle options. It was mentioned somewhere on his website that he likes the Lexus twin turbo V-8 with 750HP. It was also mentioned that a Viper V-10 motor was to be tried. Anything with 500HP or more would make that thing go very nicely.
drive-ability
QUOTE(wbergtho @ Aug 16 2007, 08:36 PM) *

The guy that created it is Fran Hall of Racecar Replicas...somewhere in MI and it is designed to accomidate a multitude of engine transaxle options. It was mentioned somewhere on his website that he likes the Lexus twin turbo V-8 with 750HP. It was also mentioned that a Viper V-10 motor was to be tried. Anything with 500HP or more would make that thing go very nicely.

Hey,
Thats a nice setup, I would love to build one of those! The idea of having a car thats purpose built, something thats made to house 600 hp. Oh well !!!
roadster fan
That looks like a nice setup.....how about this one from RCR

rcr917

drooley.gif
wbergtho
Hey Roadster fan,

I have always been in love with the 917. It is the ultimate racecar...bar none. I looked at the pics on the website and it looks like a faithful 100% reproduction. I'd never have the $ to put in the proper flat 12 powerplant. I'd have to cheat and install an LS7 twin turbo set up....still not cheap by any means. I'd love to have a copy of every car this comany makes. What a garage full of fun that would be!!!!
Chuck
I agree it has better lines than a GTR. It is also easier to obtain being as it is made here in the states. I will have one. Oh yes, I will have one! biggrin.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.