Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Owning too many vehicles is finally taking its toll
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Dr Evil
So, our saga begins with me taking the demon 4runner in to get its yearly inspection....this ended with a $350 exhaust system and 2 new ball joints sad.gif (-$400 about).

Next, the damn Mercedes. I, retardedly, removed the fuel pump from it thinking that there was something wrong with it. After doing so, I find that the pump is fine and the actuating cable has slipped so it was not fully doing it do....feeling really stupid, I put the pump back in. I made sure the splines on the pump and the shaft were not disturbed so that I could easily have it adjusted and be done with it. That was the plan on Wed when my friend called a shop he trusts and had my car towed over to it. Well, I either did something wrong when I put the pump on or it was not correctly adjusted all along because the original quoted job of 2hrs (at $78 per) went to 6 (with authorization for 4) because they needed to statically time it (I have no reason to believe they are lying). It took so long because they were sucking air from the tank due to a leak that developed from an old patch headbang.gif and was leaking fuel all over the floor. Now they need to drain my 1/2 tank....they dont have anything to take it....the guy is gonna see. He said they need to drop the tank and have me get it fixed, I said that I have no more $$ and that the tank stays in and I will have it towed home and do it myself. The guy said they would finish timing it with an external tank so it would be good to go when I get the tank fixed.....and he wont charge me over 6hrs sad.gif (-$480)

Total spent on vehicles this month = about $880 that I didnt have to spend
Come Sept, I am gonna need some tranny biz to stop the hemorrhage sad.gif

Rant off, back to studying sad2.gif .......
jaminM3
How much is the tranny service? I have mine just sitting on my garage floor and it should probably be gone through..
smile.gif
Dr Evil
Prices just went up, $1,000,000 wink.gif

All your questions can be answered if you follow the tranny rebuild link in my sig line <ohmmmm> biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I'll send mine in too... maybe we can get a SLC group rate on the shipping lol3.gif
Dr Evil
Actually, that is a good idea. If you ship both on a pallet from Forward Air you may save....or it will be the same. Since you are shipping a stack only, it will likely be less to ship FedEx. Pack it well!
JPB
I'm an anticartight just a pro 914tight. Cars are a product of you know whooooOOOOoooo. happy11.gif
degreeoff
Well not to rain on the parade BUT there are two ways to look at this scenario, # 1 is SH!# I just blew $880 for nutin or sh!^ I just saved $5120 this year by owning my cars VS payments conservative PAYMENTS(@ $250 a month x 2 x 12 = $6000)

NO worries I am sure a second tranny will be coming your way with a LSD + MSX+intermediate plate in a year or so.....

sucks about the pump though I hate when that shit happens

Josh
Dr Evil
We have car payment, too....

Like I said, too many cars. I was trying to get a bus, and was hoping to trade this for one, but now I need to sell it so I can get some money back. I dont like old Mercedes, they are a PITA to work on for the littlest things. This is why I had a shop doing the work. Give me anold VW any day. Simple, dependable, yadda yadda.

73Phoenix20
And is that $25K looking better and better??? ;>))

You know, "Rainy Day Fund", and all of that???

I think it was my dear old Dad that used to say, "A poor man has one dog; A damn poor man has two!!!"

I thank that could be said of German car owners as well! But who am I to talk?
Dr Evil
Ha! The main thing that sucks is that now I cant get the bus until I sell the car. And then I need to sell the other car (4Runner) and the BMW K75 to refill the wedding fund slap.gif She knows and signed off on everything (and still voted not to sell the car).

I am trying to pull a 3 for one deal biggrin.gif
Eric_Shea
I am trying to pull a 3 for one deal

4Runner
K75
Woman

?? confused24.gif

biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
4Runner, K75, MBZ for $$ and a bus

The woman is not negotiable wink.gif

"Hey, how much for the little girl. Sell her to me."
jwhcars
Go to the court house and get married......look at all the money you will save smile.gif
Now if the future father inlaw offers $$$$ to elope even more $$$ for cars or maybe a house beerchug.gif
The only problem is women got this thing about have a proper wedding.
My father inlaw offered $$$ to elope and I thought my mother inlaw and wife where going to give him some bodily harm.

Or you could sell some barn find parts.
zymurgist
QUOTE(Dr Evil @ Aug 18 2007, 02:46 AM) *

"Hey, how much for the little girl. Sell her to me."

We're on a mission from God.
rhodyguy
you and nicole need a vaca. put together a "transmission seminar" or 2. nominal fee for attending
plymouth37
As soon as I can get around to pulling my tranny out I would be happy to send it to you along with some cash.
Dr Evil
Just let me know when you want to do it. I can start working on trannies beginning of Sept. biggrin.gif
Dr Evil
QUOTE(rhodyguy @ Aug 18 2007, 01:41 PM) *

you and nicole need a vaca. put together a "transmission seminar" or 2. nominal fee for attending

Its NOEL, but she gets that all the time rolleyes.gif

Root and Jim Kelly have been pitching the idea of a seminar, but I dont really think anyone would pay to lean the dark arts of tranny rebuilding from me. I do have a new stock pile of tranny cores I could add to the deal idea.gif
SGB
Nicole, Noel, doesn't matter, we all know she's Evil's Angel.
Got any more of those Evilworks shirts lying around? I'll snap up a couple if you do-
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.