Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Has anyone shipped from OR to Southern Cal?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Benzito
Unfortunately, have to make room for another car and have to dispose of the 1970 914. sad.gif I'm keeping my 912, so I'll still be part of the P crowd, just not the NARP segment (that means I get to sit at the big boys' table, right?).

Oh well, it's going to a better place than my garage and the top can probably be left off permanently in California.

Looking for a ballpark estimate of cost, time, and any recommendations from Portland to the Riverside area, if anyone has booked this trip (or the reserve, of course).

Don't care whether the truck is open or closed, since we are talking about somewhat of a lesser condition driver that I've giving to my nephew anyway.

Thanks in advance,

Mike (in Portland)
burton73
I shipped in a closed carrier my 86 Carrera cab 3 years ago from Portland to Los Angeles. It was $1,350. If I remember right. It took a week or so because they where busy and had to fill a load out. Get online and you can get some quotes for free. The company that I used was a FedEx owned company.

Bob
rhodyguy
contact craig laughlin at camp914.com (portland area) for info regarding the transporter he uses. iirc the cost is reasonable. hope this helps.

k
boxstr
I use TC Transport, $550. Or I also have someone heading down to GAF Sept 7 empty trailer, as of today at 3pm.
Craig
Lavanaut
How about the old fashioned way? Have your nephew fly up and drive it back. Worked well for me (in the opposite direction)!

smile.gif
bdstone914
I used TC transport to get a 914 from Oregon to So cali and at the time (2 years ago maybe) It was only 400 bucks.
boxstr
Costs have gone up.
CCL
Benzito
He's only 16 - will be his first car, so that isn't a go with my sister. Tried to get my dad to drive it down, but he wasn't fond of the 18 hour commute. I'll probably end up trucking it. $550 isn't that bad.
rhodyguy
(gas+room(if needed)+food)x2 will prob exceede $550. then there's the better part of 4 days driving. the syskious, the arduous central valley drive to bakersfield, the grapevine, only to hit the la basin. i'd GLADLY pay $550 NOT to do that twice towing something behind a pickup.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.