Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-6-VW-porsche
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
thesey914
Managed to get hold of a NOS of the NLA badge for my six conversion (don't burn me at the stake)
All the holes on my panel have been welded including the lock hole so i'm not sure what to line it up with -thought this might be the best forum to get some details from so I can drill into my new paint once and not twice...

IPB Image
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(thesey914 @ Aug 18 2007, 05:53 AM) *

Managed to get hold of a NOS of the NLA badge for my six conversion (don't burn me at the stake)
All the holes on my panel have been welded including the lock hole so i'm not sure what to line it up with -thought this might be the best forum to get some details from so I can drill into my new paint once and not twice...

IPB Image

the key is centered centered centered. from the edge of the deck lid overhang to the ledge before the bumper top seal and from the edge of the trunk lock seal to the edge of the tail light body, the badge should be centered.
thesey914
Comeon Eric, Which self respecting 914 owner has not lusted many times at the cars on armandos site smile.gif -good plan though wont hurt to look some more.
I've found a few pictures with the badge on but I was hoping some one could say '##mm form the rear light ' -the up/down bit I think i can work out.
Has anyone secured this typeof badge with anything other than speednuts. I wouldlike to pull it off if I was going to leave the car anywhere. I 've had badges chisled off before.

IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
IPB Image
thesey914
thanks Eric. I like the idea of the 356 badge now....hmmm idea.gif
webtrader
Question: Is it safe for me to assume that all the 914-6 emblems were originally GOLD and never BLACK ?

I am thinking one of the past owners painted mine? If so I need to carefully strip it back to the original GOLD it was suppose to be.

Thanks for the input !!!

ENJOY piratenanner.gif

~JIM~
1970 Neun vierzehn
Thread icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif for John
dw914er
i know that particular years had different color emblems

aka, gold vs chrome vs black

but i dont remember which year refers to which

(though the gold porsche lettering is earlier, and chrome is later)
and the 914 logo also differs (later were black i'm certain)
John
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Mar 13 2008, 09:45 AM) *

Thread icon_bump.gif icon_bump.gif for John

Well thanks for the thought, but mine does not have the VW-Porsche at the end. My emblem is the simple 914-6.

I did see this post when I did a search.

I'm still looking for dimensions for the 3 holes.....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.