Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gauge pictures?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Steve Thacker
Hey all,

I searched!... the world over and thought I found truue love , but youuu met another and Pfffft you were gooone. drunk.gif

Seriously I took out my speedo, tach and other related gauges to do some painting and I did not do the intelligent thing and take a nice digital picture of the lay out.
What was I think'in? chair.gif

I searched the Bird and here and could not find a picture. Just the electrical diagrams and I know I need some serious schooling to be able to read those. They don't make a lick of sense to me.

Does anyone have a picture with all the little purty wires and perspective bulb holders in their correct places?

pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif
Spoke
I don't have any pics to speak of but getting the wires back shouldn't be too hard. If you haven't already, disconnect the negative terminal of the battery so accidental shorts don't occur when moving the wires.

Process of elimination can get some of the wires back together. For starters, there should be a string of bulbs together. These are illumination bulbs, should go 2 to a gauge.

Brown wires are ground, should go to each gauge.

There should be 2 bulbs together with 3 wires, these are for turnsignals.

Highbeam bulb on tach should be on a white/black wire.

parking light bulb on speedo should be on a white/green wire.

parking brake bulb on gas gauge should have 2 wires, black/white and brown/white.

generator bulb on gas gauge should have 2 wires, red/white and green/red.

alternator bulb on gas gauge should have 2 wires, red/white (same wire as generator bulb) and black wire.

low gas bulb on gas gauge should have 2 wires, red/white (same as as generator bulb) and black wire.

I'm reading these off of my Haynes manual for a '73. Your wires may vary.

Spoke
Steve Thacker
Appreciate it Spoke I'll see if this will get me squared away
Lavanaut
Here's one of my extremely high-tech diagrams. blink.gif I'll dig up some pics too.

Click to view attachment
Lavanaut
Not the greatest pics, didn't have my camera in close-up mode it seems. Hopefully these are at least somewhat useful. I've been meaning to do a write-up on this stuff...no time though.

Click to view attachment
Lavanaut
Another. The goal of my project was to replace the aging (read, "nasty-ass") wood vaneer on the gauge cluster surround (and eventually the dash face, which I'm working on now).

Click to view attachment
Lavanaut
And another

Click to view attachment
Steve Thacker
pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif pray.gif

I think with what Jerry posted and what you posted with all the lovely photos I can do this thing without hosing something up !!!!

I was afraid I would hook the damn things up wrong and when I pulled the lights on the damn doorbell would ring happy11.gif

Thank you very much guys I sure appreciate all the help. Once I get this darn thing completed, I'm going to draw up a diagram for us wiring diagram challenged folks.

I may even get it tattooed on my buttocks. laugh.gif

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.