Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Tow hitch wouldn’t fit on car.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
chris914
I bought this tow hitch for my 914 and it doesn’t seem to fit flat against body of the car at the top.

Does anyone know if all 914’s are the same where the hitch bolts up?

Also does anyone know if this hitch is custom or company made?

Yes I did try flipping it. It fits the same way.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
Allan
IMHO, I don't think the hitch is the rub. From what I understand, these cars vary quite a bit from car to car as they were not made from the "one-stamp-fits-all" method.

It could be that the car has been in a minor fender bender or the jigs were not aligned the exact same way the day your body was stamped.

You could always modify the hitch or shim it.

I don't like the way those pull the car as it is. I'm always afraid of it warping or pulling out the sheet-metal in that area.
Aaron Cox
agree.gif

look into the DLEE towbar method in the resources form. towed 1200 miles on it in a weekend smile.gif
chris914
QUOTE(Aaron Cox @ Aug 19 2007, 06:29 PM) *

agree.gif

look into the DLEE towbar method in the resources form. towed 1200 miles on it in a weekend smile.gif

Does anyone have one I could buy, borrow, or rent in San Diego. smile.gif
davep
There were a few changes, but mostly for the 1975 model.
rhodyguy
is this the dlee tow fixture? i think towing while using the bumper holes has a huge chance of doing body damage and screwing up the way the bumper is going to fit after the fact.

k
jd74914
Yep, that looks like the DLee model Kevin.
rhodyguy
does anyone know for certain what the model # is of the one i posted? it's all boxed up for storage and i'd prefer not to open it up. thanks.

k
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.