Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: I'll be at NHIS this Sunday
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
ChrisFoley
SCCA requires finishing a minimum number of races per year to renew a competition license. For this year I already had to get a waiver since I didn't race in '06.
I took in a FProd car this spring to do some updates for a customer and decided to take payment in seat time since I don't have a car of my own ready to race right now. So this weekend and the weekend after Labor Day I am racing at NHIS.
If anyone from the vicinity is looking for a 914 related activity on Sunday 8/26 or 9/8-9 come to New Hampshire International Speedway.
This Sunday my race is probably going to start around 9am. There's a 3 hour enduro in the afternoon (I'm not doing that blink.gif ).
The next race is a double event so there are races on both Saturday and Sunday afternoon.
ConeDodger
QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Aug 20 2007, 12:53 PM) *

SCCA requires finishing a minimum number of races per year to renew a competition license. For this year I already had to get a waiver since I didn't race in '06.
I took in a FProd car this spring to do some updates for a customer and decided to take payment in seat time since I don't have a car of my own ready to race right now. So this weekend and the weekend after Labor Day I am racing at NHIS.
If anyone from the vicinity is looking for a 914 related activity on Sunday 8/26 or 9/8-9 come to New Hampshire International Speedway.
This Sunday my race is probably going to start around 9am. There's a 3 hour enduro in the afternoon (I'm not doing that blink.gif ).
The next race is a double event so there are races on both Saturday and Sunday afternoon.

Chris,
Are you looking for crew or company???
ChrisFoley
Are you going to be in the area Rob?
My wife is usually sufficient crew but I may have an opening on my crew list so someone could get in free.
ChrisFoley
Here's a pic of the car I'm driving.

Click to view attachment

I had a little issue with some stock early motor mounts that were still in the car. They both failed at once and the engine came to rest on the shift rod, forcing me into first gear in the middle of Saturday's qualifying race. That meant I started at the back of the grid on Sunday in 22nd position. I worked my way up to 11th overall by the end of the race and unbenownst to me, the next car ahead of me for the last 5 laps or so was my only in-class competition. If I had pushed a little harder I might have been in a position to challenge for the win. No big deal though, since I accomplished the primary goals of finishing a race and learning what the car needs next to make it fast, reliable and easy to maintain.
The owner of the car was with us the entire weekend. He had a good time helping out with crew duties and got to watch his toy in action.
I'll take care of a few little issues and have the car ready for the next round at NHIS in a couple weeks. smile.gif
sailorman50
Chris,
Here is another PIC with you're much prettier better half....
It was a fun weekend...

Mike

QUOTE(Racer Chris @ Aug 28 2007, 06:05 PM) *

Here's a pic of the car I'm driving.

Click to view attachment

I had a little issue with some stock early motor mounts that were still in the car. They both failed at once and the engine came to rest on the shift rod, forcing me into first gear in the middle of Saturday's qualifying race. That meant I started at the back of the grid on Sunday in 22nd position. I worked my way up to 11th overall by the end of the race and unbenownst to me, the next car ahead of me for the last 5 laps or so was my only in-class competition. If I had pushed a little harder I might have been in a position to challenge for the win. No big deal though, since I accomplished the primary goals of finishing a race and learning what the car needs next to make it fast, reliable and easy to maintain.
The owner of the car was with us the entire weekend. He had a good time helping out with crew duties and got to watch his toy in action.
I'll take care of a few little issues and have the car ready for the next round at NHIS in a couple weeks. smile.gif

ChrisFoley
QUOTE(sailorman50 @ Sep 1 2007, 12:31 AM) *

Chris,
Here is another PIC with you're much prettier better half....
It was a fun weekend...

Mike

Glad you had fun Mike,
Lets do it again this coming weekend.
happy11.gif
Here's the pic...
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.