Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Alabama Yard Art
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
rwjames
Not 914 related, but he did have a 914 emblem hanging on the wall in his office.

I found a guy with a large collection of over 100 cars in the back woods of Alabama. He has purchased many cars since he was 16 years old and unlike myself, he has kept most of what he purchased.

A lot of trucks and American muscle cars, as well as a bunch of parts cars. He had several GTO's, Camaro's, Mustangs, a Viper, Corvettes, 55 Chevy, GNX, Pinto drag car, Chargers.......He had cars in barns, sheds, the woods, fields, carports.....everywhere.

Here are some photo's.

rwjames
Some American Muscle.
rwjames
More including a couple GTO's.
rwjames
Field of Lost Dreams.
michaelt55
blink.gif blink.gif

Oh my gawd!!! you've died and gone to heaven!!!!!! drooley.gif drooley.gif

I can only imagine whats the $$$ on some of those detroit iron pieces..

Michael
73Phoenix20
Well, he had the sense to put the "Good Stuff" under roof, such as the Buick GSX, the Charger (Yee Haa! Dukes of hazard, here we come!) and the Z/28 and Viper... the rest looks like your typical Alabama junkyard... Leaves a Goat under a cover but outside and unfinished... Sheeesh!

Might be able to pick a fender here and a transmission there...
rwjames
QUOTE(73Phoenix20 @ Aug 21 2007, 12:40 PM) *

Well, he had the sense to put the "Good Stuff" under roof, such as the Buick GSX, the Charger (Yee Haa! Dukes of hazard, here we come!) and the Z/28 and Viper... the rest looks like your typical Alabama junkyard... Leaves a Goat under a cover but outside and unfinished... Sheeesh!

Might be able to pick a fender here and a transmission there...

He is in the process of restoring the green GTO. Doesn't look like an original color though.

He plans to restore the rusty GTO sitting out in the yard someday.

Unfortunately, Daisy wasn't home.
73Phoenix20
Is this a used car dealer? The photo of the Viper and 67 Camaro look like it's a dealer showroom??? If he is a dealer, I may be interested in the GSX, unless it's a clone...
So.Cal.914
Didn't you see the Texas chainsaw massacre? So he makes you squeal like a pig instead.

Some very cool cars, I like the (67?) malibu convertable.
rwjames
QUOTE(73Phoenix20 @ Aug 21 2007, 04:43 PM) *

Is this a used car dealer? The photo of the Viper and 67 Camaro look like it's a dealer showroom??? If he is a dealer, I may be interested in the GSX, unless it's a clone...

That is a real GSX. The Viper and Camaro are in a 3-car garage that he has made to look like a dealer showroom.

His main line of work is paint and body. That's how he has acquired so many parts and project cars. A lot of stuff comes to him cheap when the owner decides it's too expensive to restore.

He is a licensed dealer, but none of his cars are really for sale. If you offered him an outrageous price on something however, he may sell it. But, he claims nothing is for sale.

He has dealer tags so he doesn't have to license all his cars. He just has a couple dealer tags and puts one on a car when he wants to drive it.
911quest
Man after my own heart a little much muscle but everyone is different......
73Phoenix20
Okay, thanks for the update!

A non dealer with a dealer showroom and dealer licence plates...

Hmmmm.... well, to each his own!
rwjames
QUOTE(911quest @ Aug 22 2007, 10:45 AM) *

This is the reason why our wives won't let us buy a house with more than 1 acre of land. One car leads to another and next thing you know, you have your own salvage yard.
tdgray
QUOTE(73Phoenix20 @ Aug 21 2007, 05:43 PM) *

The GSX.... you better bring a wheelbarrow full of cash man... those things are going for HUGE dollars these days.

Didn't one just sell at Barret Jackson for like a half million or something like that confused24.gif
markb
QUOTE(rwjames @ Aug 22 2007, 08:31 AM) *

QUOTE(911quest @ Aug 22 2007, 10:45 AM) *

This is the reason why our wives won't let us buy a house with more than 1 acre of land. One car leads to another and next thing you know, you have your own salvage yard.

agree.gif biggrin.gif
tdgray
OK dbl checked B-J... one sold for $181,500 last year.
911quest

[/quote]

[/quote]

Hell I have had four 911/912 in back yard for the last month the wife think's it starting to turn into a Porsche junk yard
73Phoenix20
$181K IS a bit over the top...

But this is Alabama after all, and he prolly paid, what, $350.00 for it on a good day??? And that was only if he got to keep the 'Coon Hound that was nesting in the back seat with a litter of pups...

Which he sold off for twice the price he paid for the GSX...

Sooo... I figured about $25K would get 'er done, but guess not....

Ahhh, the better half never liked yellow cars anyway....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.