Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wooden Pedal plate. Anyone want an aluminum one?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slim72914
So while working on my car this weekend I had to remove the wooden board under the pedals... Great design.. wood... and it occured to me that I could probably get some waterjetted out of some raw aluminum stock for a fairly decent price. Would anyone be interested in this or is it a part that no one really needs?? Of course we could work with the thickness but I should be able to produce an extremely accurate replica.
toon1
depends what "affordable is" they are avail for around $100 if you can get them for around 50-70..i'd take one biggrin.gif

Keith
slim72914
QUOTE(toon1 @ Aug 20 2007, 11:09 PM) *

depends what "affordable is" they are avail for around $100 if you can get them for around 50-70..i'd take one biggrin.gif

Keith

Are the ones that are out there for 100 aluminum? I would think you can make them for less than that.
roadster fan
Yep aluminum. Some are like the wooden ones, others have lots of lightening holes in them.

If you have access to the equipment, I am sure you can make them for less than $100.

I will take one if you decide to make them if the price is in the 50-75 range.

Jim
slim72914
QUOTE(roadster fan @ Aug 20 2007, 11:24 PM) *

Yep aluminum. Some are like the wooden ones, others have lots of lightening holes in them.

If you have access to the equipment, I am sure you can make them for less than $100.

I will take one if you decide to make them if the price is in the 50-75 range.

Jim

I have the equipment to get all the dimensions of it but woult have to get another shop we work with to cut them out. Waterjetting is pretty cheap now so I'll see what I can work out for a price on them.
JeffBowlsby
Mark Engman already makes them....$58 george washingtons...

http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?showtopic=60168
slim72914
Looks like Engman has it figured out! lots of aftermarket custom parts for great prices!! I cant beat $58.00 for the pedal board!
Dr Evil
And Mark ROCKS!
michaelt55
Just got one a week ago from Mark. Great product, don't waste your time, I'd just buy from him... just my 2 cents worth...

Michael
purple
Since we're on the topic....what holds down the pedal board? Anyone have pics and specs of this stuff?

I have a rennline pedalboard I put in last night, but I dont have the screws to hold it down.
Wanna help a brotha out?
Eric_Shea
There should be two cup washers and 5mm allen head screws.

One is a round cup and (if I recall) screws into the center tunnel access plate on the right side of the board. The other is dished out but almost a rectangle with angled sides. It screws to the drivers wheel well area on the left.
purple
Thanks!

I'll take pics and post em up once I get it done
Rand
Here's the link directly to the pedal-board with pics. Nice product.

Aluminum pedal board.
purple
The screws are M6X20

I'm using stainless steel every time I touch something. I just pulled a bolt that was there and it was an M6.

I have the rennline hardware kit for mounting it on the left side, looks just like an 8mm hole on the right side. I'll use stainless fender washer and rubber washer there

Purple
purple
I know it's more expensive, but I used one of these:
http://rennline.com/product.php/sid/10/aid...rsche/prodid/86

with the billet aluminum throttle stop and mounting hardware
http://rennline.com/product.php/sid/10/aid...rsche/prodid/87

More expensive, but not everyone likes the hole look. I got the solid one in black with the natural aluminum stop.

Looks sharp I think, I'll take pics when It's all buttoned up

Engman
Thanks for all the complements!

I did make some solid - made 4 - took me 18 months to sell them.

For most people its all about the weight. Mine weighs in at 2.4lb. As far as I know it is the lightest on the market in the proper .25 thickness.

M
iamchappy
I like mine so much I got one for my passinger......
ppickerell
I have the laser to do this, but don't want to compete with Mr. Engman. If you can't mark these things up 300-400% over cost, why bother.
slim72914
QUOTE(ppickerell @ Aug 21 2007, 08:17 PM) *

I have the laser to do this, but don't want to compete with Mr. Engman. If you can't mark these things up 300-400% over cost, why bother.

This is exactley why I am not going to make them! Not that I would mark them up 300%.... happy11.gif
degreeoff
Yep I got one too, top notch....Thanks Mark!!...and the 2.0 exhaust hanger does fit the 914-6 muffler....BTW
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.