Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: My latest find! A 76 project
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JRust
SO this is my latest buy. Bringing my total up to Six. I'm out of my flippin mind. Anyhow Mark (computers4kids) calls me last friday. Says there is a 914 in Bend I should go get. IT was on Bend's craiglist which I check often. Strange as it didn't come up in my search. Guy mispelled Porsche (porshe) so my search didn't find it. Anyway here are some pics. The guy took the drivetrain out to paint. Good running 2.0 with FI. It is pretty close to being ready for paint. He hadn't finished the doors yet. The battery tray is completely there blink.gif . I was a little confused when I saw that. IT is my first confused24.gif . Front trunk is beautiful. Rear trunk has some rust. One little hole thru but that is it. The targa seal is cracked but intact & plyable biggrin.gif . Oh yeah & I got it for a whopping $500. Not bad if I do say so myself (& I did) screwy.gif
JRust
More pics
JRust
I really don't like the late style bumpers though. I have some early ones I could put on. confused24.gif
roadster fan
Nice score! In Califonia that probably becomes a parts car as bi-annual smog checks are a pain on 76 and newer cars.

Back date the bumpers, now is the time to do it. Good luck smile.gif

Jim
tdgray
Score!
skline
Nice score indeed, very nice!
SirAndy
all those years without a 914 have left a mark on you screwy.gif

biggrin.gif Andy
Coy
Dude, you're amazing... you make me dizzy.

Great score! pray.gif
hwgunner
You made it home OK I hope. It looks in the pics like the tiedowns are all pulling in the same direction. Am I wrong?? If I am you can chair.gif

Nice score anyway. beerchug.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Jamie:
You are really starting to piss off some of us. You have 6, think of this as a concept : Leave some for the rest of us!!!!!! Really great score,here in the salt belt ,That is a Driver. I am envious ! Dave slap.gif
JRust
hwgunner you are mostly right. I actually have a chain under the car pulling it back. Having 2 straps was overkill for sure. My trailer is a little small & I wanted to make sure if it went anywhere it wouldn't be off the back. Of course I made it no problem.
Dave you are a funny man. If you need a few just rent a big ass trailer & drive on out. I'll make you a good deal for double action blink.gif . Seriously though I gotta git rid of some of these. Craigslist here I come headbang.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.