Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914/6 on eBay for $46k
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
smontanaro
Someone in So Cal might want to wander over and take a look at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=230163771760

The seller claims under 6500 miles since new, has a buy it now price of $46k, but
posted no pictures.

Skip
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Aug 21 2007, 07:04 AM) *

Someone in So Cal might want to wander over and take a look at this one:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewI...em=230163771760

The seller claims under 6500 miles since new, has a buy it now price of $46k, but
posted no pictures.

Skip

65,000 maybe and I am very scared of that word "patina"
Eric_Shea
You don't rechrome bumpers on a car with 49k unless they need it.

All that bla, bla, bla and no pictures makes me want to grab my wallet and run away.
Spoke
"and with some elbow grease this is strong competition"

If I paid $46K for a 914/6, the only thing my elbow would be doing is resting on the door pocket when I'm driving it.
carr914
He must have changed the ad. It now says just under 50,000 miles. Does he really think it will sell without pictures and his bloated statement of the engine compartment?
Gustl
QUOTE(dr914@autoatlanta.com @ Aug 21 2007, 03:15 PM) *
... I am very scared of that word "patina"

I am very scared of this price blink.gif
rhodyguy
zoiks. verbose.

k
Allan
"Seinfeld, this one needs you." av-943.gif
TROJANMAN
The windshield is new because the original was broken during its removal for its new paint

49k original miles, patina, and a new paint job idea.gif
Johny Blackstain
for $46k it had better be in the same shape as my LE (46k miles) & I'm having a ton-o-fun scraping off my old undercoating & re-undercoating. Elbow grease my a$$.
Cap'n Krusty
I know the car. It had been repainted before the 2nd owner bought it. BTW, the 2nd owner is a retired banker, not a "race car driving instructor", although he does REALLY know his way around a track. I have known him since 1965, and the original salesman since 1968. The car was, shall we say, rough? I don't remember what my friend paid for it, but he thought the price was pretty good, and it's far from the first Porsche he's ever owned. I didn't agree, given the condition. Oceano, for those who don't know or can't guess, is on the beach. Right next to the world famous Oceano and Pismo Dunes. Beaches, at least in this part of the world, are largish areas of sand, bordered on one side by SALT WATER, and the air is inclined to be filled with salty mist. This is NOT a $46K "original" car, and must have had EXTENSIVE restoration. Preservation? Not a chance.

OK, enough of being nice ......................... The Cap'n
jaminM3
The seller said he is not the best with computers, but he is going to post before and after pics. He is still puting trim back on right now! I let him know the price is high in my opinion..... wacko.gif
LarryR
46K!!! I would want a car done by Patrick motorsports with a 3.6 for that kind of $.

This one would do nicely for the price smile.gif

Click to view attachment
markb
QUOTE(LarryR @ Aug 21 2007, 10:21 PM) *

46K!!! I would want a car done by Patrick motorsports with a 3.6 for that kind of $.

This one would do nicely for the price smile.gif

Click to view attachment

drooley.gif
pfierb
Sounds like a used car dealer with bad grammar.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.