Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: 914-Wanted more factory info. on accessory's
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
TJB/914
Hi Pat & other CN's. popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

This accesssory thingie has me interested in Mud Guards part #914.559.309.10 and Head Light Spray washers part #????? (can't find #) for installation on my 914.

Can anyone tell me if it's factory original when 914's were new???

I am checking my parts book for more information on anything adding to my bling, bling obsession. Of course it must be Porsche factory approved.

Got to have more "Bling" "Bling" shades.gif for PCA shows.

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Tom
Johny Blackstain
I belive the headlight washers are now required on any car in Sweeden & may have been as well back in the 70s'. I never saw them on a teener but that does not mean they were not available & it's very likely that you might find them on Sweedish teeners.
I do remember the mud guards & how ugly they were. Used to be able to find them all over local German junkyards. I'll bet there's still a bunch burried in the mud all over PG County MD.
Gustl
this is just out of my brain

AFAIK the headlight washers were available on the '75 & '76 model only
IIRC there is a photo in one of the big (premium) sales brochures
I will look for it later ...

but I can't remember seeing the mud flaps on any Porsche original photo idea.gif

bye1.gif Gustl
TJB/914
QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 21 2007, 09:51 AM) *

but I can't remember seeing the mud flaps on any Porsche original photo idea.gif

bye1.gif Gustl

Hi Wolfgang

You may be right on the 75-76 headlight washers??? I think one of our locals has them on his 75? or 76? I'll check it out when I see him & try to find part #'s, etc.

Mud Guards are ugly & I was just trying to poke.gif Pat. He probablly barfed in his ceral bowl this morning when he opened his computer.

Accessory's are fun to collect & we need to know more about these rare add on's. popcorn[1].gif

In my other car life with the early V/8 FORD's it was all the rage to collect accessories to make plain Jane cars into rolling art work.

Tom
SirAndy
i've seen the headlight washers and i believe gustl is correct about the years they were offered.

bye1.gif Andy
Jasfsmith
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Aug 21 2007, 12:17 PM) *

I do remember the mud guards & how ugly they were. Used to be able to find them all over local German junkyards. I'll bet there's still a bunch burried in the mud all over PG County MD.

The 914 Preservation Division winner at the 2006 Parade had a set of the factory mud flaps as I recall. I thought they looked pretty good.

I have a set of the flaps and hardware for the late style rear valance, and a set of the hardware for the early style rear valance. Just need the flaps to match the early style valance and I'll have no problem in deciding to mount them. (And no G.H., the later sytle flaps will not work properly with the early hardware.)

Care to make a few German junkyard dives for me? <grin>
Gustl
here's a page from the MY'75 premium sales brochure (english, Euro version):

IPB Image
Gustl
and here's the MY'76 brochure (USA)

IPB Image
IPB Image
Ferg
I need to double check, but I think my Haynes shows the washers on a earlier bumpered car, and the squirter seems to extend towards the headlight before it shoots the spray? (I just saw the pic last night, in the electrical section...)

Never seen them either way so just adding to the confusion biggrin.gif

Ferg
JeffBowlsby
Dave Pateman (DaveP) has previously said that he has most of a headlight squirter system...Calling Dave...

I think you are thinking of the headlight squirter alignment tool Mike? You are right though...on an early bumper car...
Eric_Shea
Oooooooooooo Tom-ster... you need some-o-dem! wink.gif
Ferg
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 21 2007, 01:52 PM) *

Dave Pateman (DaveP) has previously said that he has most of a headlight squirter system...Calling Dave...

I think you are thinking of the headlight squirter alignment tool Mike? You are right though...on an early bumper car...

Ah, I guess it would help if I read it vs just looking at the pic... It would be cooler if it worked like I thought though biggrin.gif

Ferg beerchug.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Aug 21 2007, 01:25 PM) *

QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 21 2007, 09:51 AM) *

bye1.gif Gustl

Hi Wolfgang

You may be right on the 75-76 headlight washers??? I think one of our locals has them on his 75? or 76? I'll check it out when I see him & try to find part #'s, etc.

Mud Guards are ugly & I was just trying to poke.gif Pat. He probablly barfed in his ceral bowl this morning when he opened his computer.

Accessory's are fun to collect & we need to know more about these rare add on's. popcorn[1].gif

In my other car life with the early V/8 FORD's it was all the rage to collect accessories to make plain Jane cars into rolling art work.

Tom

I don't eat breakfast.

I have seen the squirters on late bumper 914's.

I have also seen the mud guards on a couple of early cars. They are exceptionally.....UGLY!

What? Didn't Porsche offer a "factory based" CB radio & a cool whip antenna too? May want to put that on your list.

Once upon a time, they offered complete body/chassis spares. Bet there's one or two in hiding somewhere in Europe. Find one of these & go for the ultimate bling - chrome dip the entire structure! Bling beyond anything else, and easy to keep polished. Although, you'd need to have the rear fog housing plated to.

Yeah, that's it. I have some really nice chrome wheels to complete the look.
Pat
orthobiz
Feel free to post about mud guards and headlight washers and rear fog lights. Since I'm never going to be in the market for these items, I'll never be your competition!

Paul
Eric_Shea
What? Didn't Porsche offer a "factory based" CB radio & a cool whip antenna too? May want to put that on your list.

Ooooooo cool Pat. Must have. Anybody have a pic?? biggrin.gif
davep
Yes I do have most of the washer system. I think the biggest issue is strapping in the tank and mounting the pump. I accidentally came across the rubber bumper top a very long time ago, so I purchased what parts I could find. I'll try to take some photos.

A friend near Buffalo has them installed on his car.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 21 2007, 10:22 PM) *

And then, there is the absolute ultimate option. Still trying to find it in the parts manual, and "suspect" it have have been aftermarket. Probably made by someone like Amco, but who knows? It's the perfect piece to crown the Chromium 914.

This is an actual pic of a 914 I found in 1976 - 2 years old!

Pat

ps: I snuck this post in - don't tell!
Eric_Shea
And then, there is the absolute ultimate option

Already got one. cool_shades.gif

GO AWAY ALREADY! biggrin.gif
euro911
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 21 2007, 09:22 PM) *

Funny ... the car we recently acquired for my wife has an antenna mount to the left of the engine bay grille. The CB craze was happening back then you know, and just about everybody had one. It's not too visible ... a black rubber cap helps hide it:

IPB Image

IPB Image

I actually found a Blaupunkt CB radio on eBay several years ago while searching for a stock AM/FM/SW radio for a '66 912. It was brand new in the box, everything still sealed in original plastic bags). A couple of years ago, I found another one in pretty good condition. Blaupunkt CB radios are pretty rare though ...

I can snap a pic if anyone wants to see what they look like unsure.gif
Ferg
I met Mark, the original owner of a 70 914-6 here in Boulder a few years back... Lost touch and ran into him again at my coffee and cars meet this month.

His radio antena is mounted on the passenger side cowl! Just inboard of the fender cowl seal. Was that way the day he picked it up blink.gif

I'll get a pic next time we have coffee.

Ferg
JeffBowlsby
Ahhhh my eyes....!!!! barf.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif ar15.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif sawzall-smiley.gif screwy.gif screwy.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif w00t.gif

Kill it, put it out of its misery!!

QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Aug 22 2007, 05:09 PM) *

This is an actual pic of a 914 I found in 1976 - 2 years old!

Pat

ps: I snuck this post in - don't tell!
davep
Hey Ferg, get the VIN for me at least please. Always trying to track down these cars.

Dave
Ferg
QUOTE(davep @ Aug 23 2007, 09:43 AM) *

Hey Ferg, get the VIN for me at least please. Always trying to track down these cars.

Dave

Dave, no sweat, I tired to get him to come by here, and also to drive it to Moab (it is a driver) but no luck yet.

Ferg
Eric_Shea
Alright... start giggling. lol3.gif

I still have a CB in my 911. Mounted right under my police scanner/alert. Those 2 with my Valentine 1 and I'm pretty much covered.

I use the Radio Schmuck cell phone style antenna.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 24 2007, 01:42 PM) *

Alright... start giggling. lol3.gif

I still have a CB in my 911. Mounted right under my police scanner/alert. Those 2 with my Valentine 1 and I'm pretty much covered.

I use the Radio Schmuck cell phone style antenna.

Eric- back in the day you might remember that Radio Schmuck sold an awesome 2 in 1 antenna... looked like a regular car antenna but had 2 wires comming off of it. One for the AM/FM & one for the CB- an early attempt @ stealth. I used to have one in my Scirocco & no one knew it was me on the CB or that I had one if I was parked someplace, so no break-ins. Don't know if they still carry it & if they do it won't be in a store, it be in the catalog.
euro911
Eric- back in the day you might remember that Radio Schmuck sold an awesome 2 in 1 antenna... looked like a regular car antenna but had 2 wires comming off of it. One for the AM/FM & one for the CB- an early attempt @ stealth. I used to have one in my Scirocco & no one knew it was me on the CB or that I had one if I was parked someplace, so no break-ins. Don't know if they still carry it & if they do it won't be in a store, it be in the catalog.

I picked a few NOS AM/FM/CB antennas (Motorola) from a guy on eBay. I wanted to put the nicer Blaupunkt CB in my early 911 with a 'disguised' antenna ... not so much to use the radio, but thought it might add a couple of points to my score ... just like having a wicker picnic basket with wine & cheeeeeze in the back seat unsure.gif
jonferns
how about that center seat belt? AA states that they have it available (says in their catalog)....hmm biggrin.gif
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Eric_Shea @ Aug 21 2007, 05:07 PM) *

Oooooooooooo Tom-ster... you need some-o-dem! wink.gif

The Tom-ster needs som-o-dese also! True, they'd have to be modified just a bit for a 914, but they ARE factory & would really set his 914 off (specially with the hood ornament)!

w00t.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Aug 21 2007, 06:47 AM) *

Hi Pat & other CN's. popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Of course it must be Porsche factory approved.

popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif popcorn[1].gif

Tom

Tom,
If the factory said an accessory was available either through the dealer or at the factory during European delivery, does that count in your estimation as "factory approved"? The item that I am refering to is fitted luggage. One of my Porsche factory publications that I was purusing last night referenced not only the luggage, but provided a picture of the fitment in both front and rear trunks. A 5 piece set was designed for use in the 911 series and a 3 piece fitment was shown for the 914. That luggage set has to be pretty obscure.

Paul
Eric_Shea
Oh that would be cool...

Wonder why we haven't heard about the 914 luggage here??

thisthreadisworthlesswithoutpics.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 26 2007, 09:40 AM) *

QUOTE(Thomas J Bliznik @ Aug 21 2007, 06:47 AM) *

Of course it must be Porsche factory approved.

Tom

Tom,
If the factory said an accessory was available either through the dealer or at the factory during European delivery, does that count in your estimation as "factory approved"? The item that I am refering to is fitted luggage. One of my Porsche factory publications that I was purusing last night referenced not only the luggage, but provided a picture of the fitment in both front and rear trunks. A 5 piece set was designed for use in the 911 series and a 3 piece fitment was shown for the 914. That luggage set has to be pretty obscure.

Paul

Hi Paul,

In my opinion, Yes agree.gif

Tom
davep
Has anyone found the part # for the luggage?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.