Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: OT: Top Gear Back On TV
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jgara962
Did anyone catch the two episodes of Top Gear last night on BBC America? One was from 2006 and the other was 2007 of which I had seen neither. They were also advertising that there was going to be an all new episode next Monday night as well. Good news! piratenanner.gif

In addition to that, James May from Top Gear now has a new show with a well know British wine critic. I guess the premise of the show is that James tries to teach him about cars, and the other guy tries to teach James about wine. Great combination, wine and cars. Anyway, they were at our vineyard in Monterey last week filming an episode. I guess the finale was them drag racing a Camaro SS vs. a Chevelle (sp?) SS on a runway that is in the middle of the vineyard. I kept hearing talk about the BBC filming a show there, but had no idea that's what it was about until I saw the pictures yesterday. Man was I pissed! headbang.gif I would have gone down and checked it out. Anyway, I'll try and get some of the pictures to post.
VaccaRabite
There has been buzz about this. I am guessing that the new episode is the Polar Race Summer Special that was released earlier this month in the UK.

For the time being, it looks like they are going to cut out the News and Star in a Car segments to make room for commercials.

I am still in the habit of getting the torrents off www.finalgear.com anyhow, and will continue to do that as it has the entire show with no breaks for selling stuff.

New season starts in October, so anything on BBC USA will be repeats from prior seasons until then.

Zach
STL914
QUOTE(jgara962 @ Aug 21 2007, 09:32 AM) *

Did anyone catch the two episodes of Top Gear last night on BBC America? One was from 2006 and the other was 2007 of which I had seen neither. They were also advertising that there was going to be an all new episode next Monday night as well. Good news! piratenanner.gif

I saw both episodes last night. Loved the convertible People Carrier!
jgara962
Here are a few pictues from the day.
jgara962
more
jgara962
more
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.