Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Flares wanted...
914World.com > The 914 Forums > The Paddock
Mugs914
Anyone have any front GT flares or rear 11" GT flares they don't need any more?

The road/DE car is getting the riveted flare treatment...

Thanks,

Mike
Joe Ricard
What's concidered 11" flares?
I have a set I cut off a parts car. They were glassed in but could now be riveted on.

Same size as whats' on my car now. I measure 12" inside to inside fenderwells.
Mugs914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 21 2007, 11:53 AM) *

I have a set I cut off a parts car. They were glassed in but could now be riveted on.

Same size as whats' on my car now. I measure 12" inside to inside fenderwells.

That might be the ticket. I had a set of 11" at one point and it seems to me they were 12" - 13" inside to inside. AIR is the only outfit I know of that makes a rear GT that wide.

What size tires/wheels can you fit under your car? (I know you have mentioned it in the past, but I forget things sometimes... confused24.gif )

Thanks!
SirAndy
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 21 2007, 10:53 AM) *

standard GT flares are 7" front and 9" rear

then there are extra wide fiberglass GT flares that allow you to run 9" front and 11" in the rear.
there are rumors that those were available from porsche in steel at one time, but so far, i haven't been able to confirm that.
bye1.gif Andy
Mugs914
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 21 2007, 12:23 PM) *

standard GT flares are 7" front and 9" rear

then there are extra wide fiberglass GT flares that allow you to run 9" front and 11" in the rear.
there are rumors that those were available from porsche in steel at one time, but so far, i haven't been able to confirm that.
bye1.gif Andy

Yup, extra wide 9" and 11". I've never heard the rumors about Porsche steelies that size.

AIR made the 11" wide rears and sold the 9" rear GTs for use as the 9" wide fronts. They actually fit pretty well after a bit of trimming.

I've got a set of 9" rears, so I need the narrow fronts or wide rears to make a set. blink.gif

Confused yet???
Mugs914
How much would you want for those things, Joe?
Joe Ricard
Right now I have a 22 x 9.5 x 15 Slick all around.
Section width of the tire is 11.3 "
I took the whole fender lip off
8.5" Rim has 4.5" of back space.

The other set I have still has the lips. HOWZ 50.00 and we can figure out shipping.
Probably need pics of these. as I cut them off extra big with a jig saw so the edges can be shaped as needed.
Mugs914
QUOTE(Joe Ricard @ Aug 21 2007, 01:44 PM) *
HOWZ 50.00 and we can figure out shipping.
Probably need pics of these. as I cut them off extra big with a jig saw so the edges can be shaped as needed.

Sound good to me. Would like to see pics though, if ya don't mind...

Thanks!
john rogers
Say, does this mean the turbo monster is getting closer to running??? I am afraid the old age police will take away my racing license before I get a chance to race with you....
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.