Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Where does the main wiring harness get run?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
purple
Hey Guys,

I'm putting in a floorboard for the drivers side and I'm wondering if you guys can show me where you run your main wiring harness. I ask because mine is run behind the pedals, is this right?

I test fit the floorboard and had to move the car, so I tried it and every time I pushed the clutch in the G light would come on and the gauges would jump around, since the pedal board is right up on the main harness. That's not right, is it?

Thanks!

Purple
Joe Ricard
There is a way for it to run behind and exit the board at the corner it goes up to the fuse panel.
the inboard side runs directly into the tunnel all under the board.

You should have some of them bendy tabs on the vertical section of the foot well as a indicator of where it goes.
purple
Thanks Joe!

I have to pull the wiring out of the split loom it's in to fit it into the bendy tabs. The P.O. did a decent job of dressing the wiring, but not such a great job with the actual wiring itself....why are car guys so afraid of wires?
Joe Ricard
Don't know. But I pretty much leave my stock wiring alone. It is very pristine. I have added wires to run the race car stuff via a separate fuse block and a relay that I tapped off the radio spade. Good switched power.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.