Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Air Dam recommendations
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
stephenaki
Well, as I sit here in the wonderful Joint Ops Center (JOC), I have night shift, I pine for the delivery of my newly acquired 914. Of course I also have way too much time to think and scheme so the next question for the collective experience of this forum is what type of air dam do people recommend and who are some good sources?

So that I don't get the littany of questions that always follow such an open ended question, here is some information on the car use.

1. Street use primarily. May take her out to the track near Stuttgart now and again just to get a feel for how she handles.

2. Ordered and will install steel flares.

3. WILL BE DRIVING HER IN THE WINTER!

4. Do a lot of driving on the Autobahn, tend to drive fast...imagine that?

I would like a set of flares that are obviously functional versus just aesthetic. I have seen several on different sites but since I am the FNG, I will defer to the group.

maf914
Since you're in Germany, you could contact Mittelmotor and get a set of factory 914 flares. Try their link and good luck with your project.

http://www.mittelmotor.de/
URY914
I'd go with a LE front spoiler/air dam. They look good with GT flares.
stephenaki
added them to my favorites, they are 3 1/2 hours away from my location in STuttgart. Thanks.

QUOTE(maf914 @ Aug 21 2007, 01:28 PM) *

Since you're in Germany, you could contact Mittelmotor and get a set of factory 914 flares. Try their link and good luck with your project.

http://www.mittelmotor.de/

stephenaki
OK, who makes them/where can I get them?

QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 21 2007, 01:38 PM) *

race914
QUOTE(stephenaki @ Aug 21 2007, 03:31 PM) *

OK, who makes them/where can I get them?

QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 21 2007, 01:38 PM) *

Here are the 914 catalog pages from GT-Racing. The LE spoiler is item #96.

We run the 914-6 GT Front Valance on our car which also looks good with flares (item #89)

Click to view attachment
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.