It's admittedly a real long shot, but I am undertaking the search for a 1975 1.8, originally Maroon w/ Appearance Group and two dealer added items; a heated rear window and an AM/FM Stereo (brand unknown).

S/N 475 29 08487

Sold new by Jim Kelly's Porsche/Audi Div, 3700 Genesee Street, Buffalo, NY 14225 (actually Cheektowaga, NY, but close enough!)
(JK also ran a VW Dealership just down the street)

Original Owner was Jeanne Gruberg, but she titled the car in the name of the Empire Water Company, 162 Watson St, Buffalo, NY 14200...

Paid $7,488.00 even, including NY Sales Tax... Price of the 914 was $7,072.00, w/ undercoating... hope it helped to slow the rusting down in Buffalo!

Base Sticker Price w/ Appearance Group, was $6,708.00 Still pretty stiff in 1975. Of course, I paid over $12K for my 911S Silver Anniversary that year, so guess it is all relative...

Anyway, if anyone knows the fate of old 8487, please drop me a note! If it is still in restoreable condition, we can talk further!!! I suspect it is long gone to a scrap yard in NY, but one never can tell... that was a fair amount of cash back in the day, and some people actually took care of these cars! Thanks!