Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Jump Start / Compressor
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
jim_hoyland
Where can these be purchased ? Anyone have one ? How so ?
jim_hoyland

The text from the Groits catalog: $299.00

THE FINEST PORTABLE JUMP START WITH AN AIR COMPRESSOR THAT'S FILLED WITH FEATURES YOU'LL APPRECIATE.
Having a Portable Jump Start handy around the garage is a great idea. But combine it with an air compressor to fill up tires, and you've got a useful tool to get you out of numerous situations! Honestly, I've pooh-poohed these things for years until one day when I would have traded my 1970 Fiat Dino for one. (The battery was dead... again, so why not trade it in for one of these wonderful jump starters?) Now, no matter how dead the battery is, I can jump start the Fiat and be on my way. Fiat saved! If you think your bad day is going to continue, take it with you! Now that I have one, I can't tell you the number of times I've used it. Starting other people's cars, taking one with me on a ski trip, even starting the race cars on the grid! This 1,700 peak amp charger will jump start your car up to 20 times between charges, and includes its own charger and battery status meter. To recharge the unit, just plug it into your 110 volt outlet with an extension cord. Has a 12 volt DC outlet, so you can recharge your cell phone when the power is knocked out for extended periods of time! The jumping cables are 68" long, allowing you to place the jump start on the ground and still reach the battery cables! The air compressor has a 12' coiled air hose with a screw-on chuck so you can walk away and attend to other things while it fills up your tire. The nicest Portable Jump Start and Air Compressor on the market.
tdgray
I've seen them everywhere from your local FLAPS to Sears and Harbor Freight.

Price... anywhere from $89 to $250
SLITS
With your money, buy one from Snap-On or Mac poke.gif

It's Harbor Freight for me ..... werks gud! When your alt fails it will take you about 150 miles afore it quits.
bdstone914
Black and Decker $52.49

http://www.tylertool.com/blackanddecker8.html
jim_hoyland
Thanks; The Black & Decker looks like it will do the job. smile.gif
TINCAN914
Jim,

I bought one to take with me to Moab last year. I bought it at Checker I think, $50.00 -$60.00. I have used it twice, works great, plus the dc outlet for my cell is a nice bonus.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.