Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How hard to rebuild a weber progressive?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
purple
Hey Guys,

Do any of you have experience rebuilding the weber progressive? The throttle plates on the outside of mine where the linkage attaches are all loose and causing fast idling. Do I have to rebuild to fix this? can i just leave the thing on the car and tighten up all the linkages on the side with it in the car? Would there be a benefit to rebuilding this carb?

I realize that dual 40's are the hot ticket, but i dont have a spare ~$800 for doing that right now.

Thanks guys
Spoke
I had the single progressive on my 1.7L and although I didn't buy a rebuild kit, I did take the carb apart, clean it, and put it back together. Ran a lot better after the cleaning.

You should be able to do much better than $800 for a used set. Maybe $300-$400? The performance of the dual 40's versus the single progressive will open your eyes wide. Get the single progressive working good and look for a used set of 40's.

Last year I picked up a used set of IDF40s that needed rebuilt. The 40's came mounted on top of a 1.8L rebuilt sometime before the PO bought it in a parts car. The 1.8L also had SSHE too. All for $600.

Spoke
Grelber
Hey, Purple, there's a '70 914 on the Craig's list in the DFW area that says it has a 2.0L and dual Weber's, and he's only asking $500.00 for the whole car:

http://dallas.craigslist.org/car/402797872.html

You could buy the car, sell off the parts you don't need for probably more than $500.00, and have a free set of Webers.

I'd go for it myself, but don't have any storage.

Spoke
QUOTE(Grelber @ Aug 22 2007, 10:30 PM) *

it has a 2.0L and dual Weber's

Put the 2L in your car and also get a big smile as you drive. aktion035.gif driving.gif

Spoke
Twystd1
The weber DGAV or DGV carb is stupid simple to rebuild.

Go for it....!!!!!!!

Get a carb kit before you start. The directions are typically in the carb kit.

And toss that POS as soon as Possible.

Claytonious
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.