Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heater controls - wiring question
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Lavanaut
The three-prong connector on the right/rear side of the heater controls (controls fan speed) has three colored wires running to it: white/green, white/yellow and plain white. Both my Haynes and Clymer manuals state that the order from left to right should be green, yellow, white. When I pulled mine out though, it was wired yellow, green, white, as shown in the pic below. I'm wondering if then manuals are mistaken (they share the exact same pic, actually) or if one of the POs wired it back up incorrectly.

Anyone know?

Thanks

Click to view attachment
Lavanaut
icon_bump.gif
904svo
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Aug 24 2007, 09:02 AM) *

icon_bump.gif

All the matters is if the blower speeds work right, low, medium and high with
the switch.

Phoenix-MN
I think Low speed = I
Med speed = II
High Speed = III

Click to view attachment

Lavanaut
QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Aug 24 2007, 10:40 AM) *

I think Low speed = I
Med speed = II
High Speed = III

That's in agreement with what my manuals say, too. I think I'll wire it back up that way. BTW, where'd you get the nice colored diagram?

Thanks
Phoenix-MN
QUOTE(Lavanaut @ Aug 24 2007, 09:46 AM) *

QUOTE(Phoenix-MN @ Aug 24 2007, 10:40 AM) *

I think Low speed = I
Med speed = II
High Speed = III

That's in agreement with what my manuals say, too. I think I'll wire it back up that way. BTW, where'd you get the nice colored diagram?

Thanks

Pelican (The Bird Board)
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/914_electrical_diagrams.htm

Paul
Lavanaut
Ah, cool. Thanks Paul!
Lavanaut
QUOTE(904svo @ Aug 24 2007, 10:37 AM) *

All the matters is if the blower speeds work right, low, medium and high with the switch.

Wow thanks. I think it's worth documenting on this site when errors in the few documents that exist for our cars are found. Maybe save some other newb confusion in the future.

Anyway, I finally had a chance to test this wired both ways. Wired as Haynes suggests does not work correctly ~ only two speeds function. I wired it back up the way it was when i pulled it out and everything works as it should. Could be just my car I guess...

Left--->Right: yellow, green, white

Lava
mdwman
I have been into my blower switch recently to get it working. Discovered that the copper contact arms on the lever had been bent upward and were not making contact with the different wire connections for the fan speeds. I bent them down and the fan worked great on each speed. Unfortunately, the arms were so weak after the bending that the longer one broke off. At least I know my blower motor is good. Any suggestions on replacing that contact arm?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.