Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Weber IDF 40s...where do you get linkage and manifolds?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
computers4kids
I picked-up a set of Weber 40 IDF carbs. I'm looking for the manifolds, air cleaners and linkage to get it all connected. Or where would buy these?

I currently have a set of Weber 34 ICTs running and connected. Can this linkage be reused/adapted?

The 40 IDFs that I just bought are freshly rebuilt with a Weber update kit from CB performance using this kit: Weber IDF Update Kit $134

This is what the PO had to say in the ad that I bought these Weber 40s in:
"Although they come with all the original jets, venturis, chokes, etc, an update kit from CB performance has been installed on both, opening up the throat to 44mm. The carbs have been re-jetted accordingly. A 12% power gain can be expected over a standard pair of 40IDF's, so if it's more power you want, these will do the trick." --What do think...snake oil commerical or hopeful thinking!

Am I crazy to put these on a stock (as far as I know 1.8)?

Thanks,
Mark
Twystd1
CB performance.

Or Jake has a bell crank setup that is also very kewl.

Clayton
computers4kids
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Aug 22 2007, 08:46 PM) *

CB performance.

Or Jake has a bell crank setup that is also very kewl.

Clayton

Thanks Clayton,
So this one is an OK setup for our cars?
Twystd1
YUP... Dats da one.

Clayton
SGB
Aircooled.net fixed me up GREAT with linkage, manifold, filters, and velocity stacks too.
Twystd1
Good call Scott. I like John at aircooled.net. Thats another GREAT place to buy our stuff. I would rather give my bucks to John than CB.....

Clayton
SGB
Yessir. Thats the ticket. Those manifolds make a big difference in low end torque. You need the velocity stacks too.
SGB
When you install it, you will need to "supplement" the carb lever to hex bar attachment. I drilled and tapped the bar and used a bigger bolt in there instead of the supplied hex screw. They WILL fail there, when you don't want it (like for me during a DE). It isn't catestrophic, but the balance goes all bad. After you tighten up, the hex screw digs into the aluminum cross bar until it digs a little deeper and goes loose again, then....
addwestern
Mark-

We have them too and can fix you up.

Nate

(Clayton go ahead and start now... happy11.gif)
computers4kids
Do all these kits work well on jackstands or on wheels? av-943.gif
addwestern
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Aug 22 2007, 09:15 PM) *

Do all these kits work well on jackstands or on wheels? av-943.gif

Only if adjusted properly. biggrin.gif
rhodyguy
plan on fabbing up a throttle cable holding bracket with the cb linkage. mr cox has the lowdown on that one. wink.gif

k
rhodyguy
interesting bold text. a 12% power gain by bolting those on. too funny. if they are TRUE 44mm venturis, they'll be real shitty down low. untuneable. phooeey!!

k
Borderline
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Aug 22 2007, 07:35 PM) *

I picked-up a set of Weber 40 IDF carbs. I'm looking for the manifolds, air cleaners and linkage to get it all connected. Or where would buy these?

I currently have a set of Weber 34 ICTs running and connected. Can this linkage be reused/adapted?

The 40 IDFs that I just bought are freshly rebuilt with a Weber update kit from CB performance using this kit: Weber IDF Update Kit $134

This is what the PO had to say in the ad that I bought these Weber 40s in:
"Although they come with all the original jets, venturis, chokes, etc, an update kit from CB performance has been installed on both, opening up the throat to 44mm. The carbs have been re-jetted accordingly. A 12% power gain can be expected over a standard pair of 40IDF's, so if it's more power you want, these will do the trick." --What do think...snake oil commerical or hopeful thinking!

Am I crazy to put these on a stock (as far as I know 1.8)?

Thanks,
Mark

I'd go through those carbs very carefully and see what the PO did to them! I don't know how you put a 44mm "throat" in to a 40 mm carb! I'd go back to the stock 28mm venturi and stock jetting...ran good on my stock 1.8.
addwestern
I agree Mark. I assume you're just going to use it as a driver right? They probably put a 34mm venturi in it. They may have put larger air correctors in as well.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.