Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: N. California Painter referal / opinions
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
LarryR
Hi,

Thanks in advance to all who respond. I need to get a little rust fixed, 916 flares welded on and unfortunately, have some body droop problems fixed.

So far the only significant rust is under the passenger seat. I removed all of the tar stuff from the rest of the interior and was thankful to find that was the only signicant place. The engine compartment is rust free (Yes even the battery tray) as are both of the trunk areas that is why I am willing to go ahead and fix the droop issue. I have not looked at the longs but clearly suspect to find some rust there since there is droop ... The reason I think it is droop is b/c if I jack it up at the jack point then just that alone makes it to where the passenger door will shut almost perfectly, if I sit it back down forget it...

So with that type of work to be done I am presently considering 2 different paint shops. Yamen Auto Body in Campbell and Original customs up in Napa. I have talked with Scott at Yamen and he seems like a real nice guy and a 914 enthusiast. However, they stay very busy over there. I have not talked with Original customs yet but it appears they have done quite a few 914's.

I look forward to reviews / recommendations as well as feedback on the workmanship from either of those shops. If you had work done there ... especially rust repair how much did it set you back.

Thanks again,
Larry
neo914-6
Mark of the OC is one of the few who really know the 914 metal. He relys on another very busy painter so Yeaman would be the #1 choice for paint IMHO. Both worked on my neo914's body. There are many body & paint shops but few know the 914 like they do.
LarryR
No one else has used these guys? I am surprised. They are both big 914 shops...
ConeDodger
QUOTE(LarryR @ Aug 22 2007, 10:13 PM) *

Hi,

Thanks in advance to all who respond. I need to get a little rust fixed, 916 flares welded on and unfortunately, have some body droop problems fixed.

So far the only significant rust is under the passenger seat. I removed all of the tar stuff from the rest of the interior and was thankful to find that was the only signicant place. The engine compartment is rust free (Yes even the battery tray) as are both of the trunk areas that is why I am willing to go ahead and fix the droop issue. I have not looked at the longs but clearly suspect to find some rust there since there is droop ... The reason I think it is droop is b/c if I jack it up at the jack point then just that alone makes it to where the passenger door will shut almost perfectly, if I sit it back down forget it...

So with that type of work to be done I am presently considering 2 different paint shops. Yamen Auto Body in Campbell and Original customs up in Napa. I have talked with Scott at Yamen and he seems like a real nice guy and a 914 enthusiast. However, they stay very busy over there. I have not talked with Original customs yet but it appears they have done quite a few 914's.

I look forward to reviews / recommendations as well as feedback on the workmanship from either of those shops. If you had work done there ... especially rust repair how much did it set you back.

Thanks again,
Larry

Original Customs is not actually a paint shop though he works so closely with one that it might seem that way... I have worked with and can recommend him. My project was smallish for him and it mostly involved my feeding him lots of burgers. He is an admin here. McMark is his screen name.
race914
Scott Yeaman just did a great job repairing the rust on our 914-6. He is over 250 miles from our place and making that drive up & back is my testament to the quality of his 914 expertise and quality work.

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.