Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Name that wheel?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GS Guy
You guys have been around enough that I'm hoping someone will recognise this wheel and manufacturer.
Pretty sure it's on a Porsche 130mm bolt pattern, could be a 15" or possibly even a 14"?? Likely 70's era design.

I was thinking an older Gotti? - but I can't find any other pictures of a matching wheel design in multiple Google searches.

Any ideas??

Thanks, Jeff
URY914
Maybe a Gotti but there were also cheap knock-off being made of Gotti's. Try looking at thesumba.com wheel clasified section. They get alone of stuff posted there.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/cat.php?id=25

rhodyguy
considering recent prices, those 5 lug 6s @$850 listed on thesamba seem resonable.

k
GS Guy
QUOTE(URY914 @ Aug 23 2007, 09:36 AM) *

Maybe a Gotti but there were also cheap knock-off being made of Gotti's. Try looking at thesumba.com wheel clasified section. They get alone of stuff posted there.
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/cat.php?id=25

Yep - hit al the usual suspects, Samba, ebay - but only a couple of pages into the 911 classifieds on Pelican (didn't they used to have a wheels classified?? sheesh!).
Found Gotti's on an Alfa parts site - but the closest version they show is the one with lugs in the spokes - not between as on these.

Maybe an older Ronal?? If I just had a name to search it would narrow the searching considerably! unsure.gif

Jeff
GWN7
It could be a variant of a Australian wheel, a Roh
GS Guy
Just to put closure to this quest - I did find another wheel matching the one above, on the Pelican 911 classifieds.

Turns out it is an older Gotti design, but a looooong time since this style has been available. I think Gotti rim halves are available though, so a good set of centers could be turned into usable wheel sizes and offsets, for a price....
It seems most Porsche spec Gottis were in super wide 911 Turbo sizes - like 9 and 11" widths, but nearly all were of the type that has the lug nut in the center of each spoke. These seem to be fairly readily available, but look somewhat "clunky" in comparison to the early style above, at least IMO.

Oh well - another good looking wheel slipped out of availability in the sands of time......

Jeff
911quest
The Gotti's I had said gotti on the center section......
Twystd1
Early Ronal... Me thinks

Clayton
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.