Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Paint
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
RonnieJ
I have two spots on my 914 I need to repair. One is the size of a dime the other about quarter size. After the repair is it possible to paint those two spots with an air brush and have a nice finish? The overall original paint is in great condition and I do not want to have to get the entire panel painted.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(RonnieJ @ Aug 23 2007, 06:40 AM) *

I have two spots on my 914 I need to repair. One is the size of a dime the other about quarter size. After the repair is it possible to paint those two spots with an air brush and have a nice finish? The overall original paint is in great condition and I do not want to have to get the entire panel painted.

Probably spot touch the chips to higher than the level of the finish then sand and buff. You can achieve a good blend without spraying.
djm914-6
There are companies out there doing just this sort of repair so I'd say that it would be possible to do it yourself. If you can keep the repair to less than a few inches, an airbrush is fine; larger areas would probably be better using a touch up gun. Dime and quarter sized repaired are most likely too big to do with a paint brush.

No mater the size of the gun, the area still will need to be buffed to match the surounding area.
RonnieJ
Thanks for the advice...much appreciated.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.