Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ohio Floods and Autobahn Garage
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
2pointOH
Midwestern Teeners--

Hope you all are safe and dry. I understand that along with Nothern Ohio a great many areas in the Midwest including Minnesota and Wisconsin were hit hard by recent storms and floods. I hope all of you, your family and your friends are safe. I was reaching out to the community to find out if anyoine knew if Tab Tanner's business in Fidlay, Ohio (Autobahn Garage) was hit by the recent floods.

I sure hope his business and his home are safe as he is in Germany through the 27th and may not know the extent of the situation in Findlay.

I'm also praying for a little sick 914-6 of mine that is in his shop. This is the new 6 I bought from Dave Olson in Ouray, CO in March. On the way to Porsches2Oxford my son and I hit some heavy rain and spun the car. We think we may have overrevved the car in the process.

After Tab heard the car at the show he asked that I leave in Oxford until he could run back down from Findlay with his trailer to pick up the car. Our initial analysis before he headed off to Germany last week was I may need a complete engine rebuild after throwing a rod bearing arm.

I talked with Tab last week before he left and we agreed to dive in a little deeper into the actual extent of the damage once he returned on the 27th. Two days after Tab left the rain began to fall and after reciving nearly 10 inches in an hour the town of Findlay and a great many communities in Northern Ohio) found itself under several feet of water. The area has been designated a disaster area by FEMA and they expect the clean up to take weeks if not months. This seems like a small amount of time when you think about the devastation in New Orleans and the Gulf Coast from Katrina.

If the new 6 is swimming now I guess the insurance policy will kick in. My bigger concern is if Tab's home, business and family are OK and safe. Please let me know what you know out there and how I and other Teener members can help.

Thanks--John

rwjames
I don't have any information on that area, but I hope your six is ok. That's a nice car and I hope to see it back in prime condition soon.

Still sorry I didn't buy that car myself as I'm still looking for a nice original six.

I hope his place and your car is ok.

2pointOH
Thanks for your thoughts. I should here someting on Monday or Tuesday. There is one original (and expensive) 6 on eBay right now. Looks to be pretty original with low mileage and unmolested.

Thanks again!!

JG

QUOTE(rwjames @ Aug 24 2007, 06:42 AM) *

I don't have any information on that area, but I hope your six is ok. That's a nice car and I hope to see it back in prime condition soon.

Still sorry I didn't buy that car myself as I'm still looking for a nice original six.

I hope his place and your car is ok.

BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

News from another 914er that lives in Findlay ,says that area of town ,to his knowledge never floods , to high. Your 914 is O.K.

Dave slap.gif
tanner
Just to let everyone know, I got back from Germany today and the shop and my house are OK with no water damage at all, I can't say this for the rest of Findlay. They claim 80% of Findlay got some sort of water or flood damage? I drove to the shop today and almost broke into tears. It looks like a war zone. The flood water was 8-9 feet it some places. But my shop Autobahn Garage was spared. There are familys here that have lost everything, house, car, etc. Check out this video clip http://sidelinephotos.phanfare.com/slidesh...album_id=389129.
davep
You are most fortunate. Was it good planning?
I suspect that property values will be depressed in proportion to the amount of the flooding. Some days it pays to live on the high ground. It is so sad.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.