Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: is anybody finished
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
woobn8r
Old cars and Jack stands are a way of life ...can't part with them...and I will buy more...but what about rotisseries?

With all the restorations going on....does anybody ever actually finish their 914 and SELL their rotisserie?

We can't all be habitual 914 (ground up) restorers...can we?

I'm sure there are some out there that are building their one true ultimate 914 dream and have no plans to start a collection...especially after realizing the cost in time effort and cash it takes to do this....might say "I think I'll buy one that's done" next time...

If this is YOU and you are finished with your rotisserie (or will be in the next 6 months)...we need to talk.

I KNOW "we" are never really finished with our cars (projects)...but I thought this title would start some dialogue.

S.
VaccaRabite
I'm done with mine, but it would be cheaper for you to build your own then buy mine, once shipping was worked out. Seriously, if your car needs a rot, then you are going to need to know how to weld. Building one is super easy, being as it is way easier to weld thicker steel then it is to weld the sheet metal on your car.

Zach
skline
I am finally going to finish welding my rotisserie this weekend hopefully, I just need to source some more steel to fabricate the front attachment points. My car is a 75 and does not have the reinforced steel in the area where the early bumpers attach so I have to go underneath where the control arms attach and come out from there.

I would be done in less than 6 months............ I think...........smile.gif

Mine will have something I have not seen on any other rotisserie yet, adjustable height. Pictures will be posted once I get it all together.

Chuck
Ok, so who here has plans for a rotisserie that they would be willing to share with those of us about to head down this path? biggrin.gif
swl
George does!

http://www.autoatlanta.com/tech/rotisserie_build.html
euro911
QUOTE(skline @ Aug 24 2007, 09:53 AM) *

I would be done in less than 6 months............ I think...........smile.gif

Mine will have something I have not seen on any other rotisserie yet, adjustable height. Pictures will be posted once I get it all together.

I'd like to put in my reservations Scott ... the BB is a '75 (it just looks older)

I've been eyeing some holding fixtures at work that look really cool ... they have a 'Boston Gear' gearbox for rotating. These are beefy, made by a company called Flotron.

I gotta keep my eyes open for surplus sale!

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.