Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Highest price for a 914/4?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
JeffBowlsby
Anyone know and have documentation for the highest price paid in the USA for a 914/4 in the last few years? Stock-ish...non-modified... confused24.gif
skline
Wasn't there one on the Barret Jackson that went for like $24k? It was recent.
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 24 2007, 02:35 PM) *

Anyone know and have documentation for the highest price paid in the USA for a 914/4 in the last few years? Stock-ish...non-modified... confused24.gif

25,000 here
sixerdon
At Christies auction on June 3 of this year in Greenwich, CT, a silver '74 sold for $24K. This info comes from Sports Car Market's Sept issue.
Try http://www.sportscarmarket.com/Profiles/20...ptember/German/

Don
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(sixerdon @ Aug 25 2007, 07:52 AM) *

At Christies auction on June 3 of this year in Greenwich, CT, a silver '74 sold for $24K. This info comes from Sports Car Market's Sept issue.
Try http://www.sportscarmarket.com/Profiles/20...ptember/German/

Don

It would have to sell for at least that to get your money back. headbang.gif
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

O.K., I'll sell anyone mine for $25,000,then you will have the record setting 914!!!!
Hurry before it's gone

I'll be at the Computer all night,hurry,hurry

slap.gif Dave confused24.gif
JeffBowlsby
WOW! I am surprised at the high values our cars are commanding, I guess I have not been paying attention! So I pulled together the published sales results of high-quality 914/4s that I have collected over the last few years (every one I have seen) and put them up on my webpage here:

http://members.rennlist.com/914_collectibles/

A couple of interesting points I noticed from this data:

1. About half of the high value sales are for the late model, 1975-76.
2. AutoAtlanta, and the high-profile auction houses command the highest prices, and sold about 1/3rd of the cars on the list. Kudos George. thumb3d.gif
3. Even though the 2.0L cars generally are the most desired, the 1.7L and 1.8L cars can command very high values. The highest values are about condition and originality first and foremost.
4. Only 1 early car (1970-72) made the list, I think these early-model cars are undervalued, bargain priced and a great way to get into 914s on a small budget.
Gustl
Jeff, I don't know if this would meet your requirements, because you asked for USA transactions only. I bought my US 914 1.8 in June 1999 for ATS 150,000 - that's EUR 10,900 - with the current conversion ratio it would be US$ 14,780

bye1.gif Gustl
BarberDave
smilie_pokal.gif

Jeff:
Thanks for putting together the Recent Sales History ,as a suggestion to all, print this off. And include it when you renew your Ins. This will help establish your decleared value. And increase it to a correct amount. IMO many of us way undervalue our 914's. The market sets it,s value. My 2 cents. Dave slap.gif
JeffBowlsby
I just archive USA car transactions that are publicly documented, because they are convincing to insurance companies, and potential buyers that way. Undocumented sales are not convincing. Even here in the USA buyers on the east coast pay higher amounts for good cars than the west coast because there are not as many available on the east coast.

The same process could be done for european sales, but that is a different market than here in the USA. I always thought your car was pretty nice! smile.gif

QUOTE(Gustl @ Aug 26 2007, 12:45 AM) *

Jeff, I don't know if this would meet your requirements, because you asked for USA transactions only. I bought my US 914 1.8 in June 1999 for ATS 150,000 - that's EUR 10,900 - with the current conversion ratio it would be US$ 14,780

bye1.gif Gustl
JeffBowlsby
I had been printing these out and had a big binder full...but the easier/better way is to simply make a .pdf of them with free software like primoPDF, which is how I can put these on the website. Save a tree and your bookshelf!

My Sales History webpage will be updated as future transactions occur, but I would encourage 914 owners to find sales data on cars in similar condition to their own 914s, and document those sales, primarily for insurance reasons. Not every 914 can be compared to these high value cars. I also don;t track the 914/6 cars...I will leave that for someone else...

QUOTE(BarberDave @ Aug 26 2007, 03:10 AM) *

smilie_pokal.gif

Jeff:
Thanks for putting together the Recent Sales History ,as a suggestion to all, print this off. And include it when you renew your Ins. This will help establish your decleared value. And increase it to a correct amount. IMO many of us way undervalue our 914's. The market sets it,s value. My 2 cents. Dave slap.gif
beech4rd
I think it's important that to note that Keith Martin, who wrote the report in Sports Car, finishes by stating the he believes that the car sold for about twice the going rate for similar cars. And Greenwich Ct. is populated by folks who get paid astronomical bonuses because they work on Wall St and who can reliably be expected to pay way beyond the going rate for items of some rarity.
Chris
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.