Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: For those of you in CA familar with Smog Laws
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Wannabe 914-6 owner
Is 73 the last year of smog exemption, and at some point in the future will it be 74????? I see a lot of out of state 74 or later six conversions that seem reasonable, but similar cars 73 or older seem to hold a much higher value. Is that because they are more likely to be smog exempt. TIA
Grimstead
75 is the last year for the exemption
brp914
model year '76 and newer need smog test - to include dyno and visual.
SLITS
The "rolling exemption" of 30 years old came to an abrupt halt in 2006 when the '75 model year was exempted.

Thanks to "The Terminator" and him pleasing the treehuggers. Now, back to my lunch of Spotted Owl Soup.
Wannabe 914-6 owner
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 24 2007, 06:31 PM) *

The "rolling exemption" of 30 years old came to an abrupt halt in 2006 when the '75 model year was exempted.

Thanks to "The Terminator" and him pleasing the treehuggers. Now, back to my lunch of Spotted Owl Soup.

Under the current law, there will be no expemptions past year 1975? TIA
jimtab
QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 24 2007, 05:31 PM) *

Have you ever tried that with the Bald Eagle crutons? Spectacular! biggrin.gif Hijack over, back to your regularly scheduled thread.
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(jimtab @ Aug 24 2007, 10:06 PM) *

QUOTE(SLITS @ Aug 24 2007, 05:31 PM) *

Have you ever tried that with the Bald Eagle crutons? Spectacular! biggrin.gif Hijack over, back to your regularly scheduled thread.

I love Bald Eagle crutons on my Manatee Ceasar Salad biggrin.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(Wannabe 914-6 owner @ Aug 24 2007, 05:38 PM) *

Under the current law, there will be no expemptions past year 1975?

correct ... thumb3d.gif
Wannabe 914-6 owner
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 24 2007, 07:21 PM) *

QUOTE(Wannabe 914-6 owner @ Aug 24 2007, 05:38 PM) *

Under the current law, there will be no expemptions past year 1975?

correct ... thumb3d.gif

Thanks to all for the answers, new member, and I really enjoy the posts and following the progess of the members that are in the middle of projects biggrin.gif
racerx7
Just so your clear on this. You are only excempt from taking the smog test
every other year. If you do a conversion it is not legal until you get a BAR sticker.
You can not legally take smog equipment off your car.

So, if cop wants to be a dick and pull you over in 1969 mustang he can
look for your pcv vavle, smog pump, etc....

read post # 25
http://www.norcal1320.com/forums/showthrea...;highlight=smog

My buddie got popped a while ago in his 67 Camaro for not having his smog pump and smog tubes and no pcv. Some big I think. This state is the biggest piece of crap They want to get rid of all the cool cars. But Slowly they are

I don't think a clean stock 914/6 conversion woudl draw much attenion but loud v8 914 is another story.
SirAndy
QUOTE(racerx7 @ Aug 24 2007, 09:21 PM) *

every other year. If you do a conversion it is not legal until you get a BAR sticker.

agree.gif

you're only excempt from the TEST!

you still need to have all your smog equipment installed and in working order.
rolleyes.gif Andy
sgomes
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Aug 24 2007, 10:26 PM) *

QUOTE(racerx7 @ Aug 24 2007, 09:21 PM) *

agree.gif

you're only excempt from the TEST!

you still need to have all your smog equipment installed and in working order.
rolleyes.gif Andy

Unless you convert to electric. aktion035.gif stirthepot.gif owned.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.