Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: help needed...tacoma area
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
geniusanthony
okay my front end makes a noise randomly while driving. the noise stops when i tap the brakes. also stops when turning left slightly. when turning right it gets louder. there is a slight vibration attached to the sound. anyone got some ideas??
dr914@autoatlanta.com
QUOTE(geniusanthony @ Aug 25 2007, 09:44 AM) *

okay my front end makes a noise randomly while driving. the noise stops when i tap the brakes. also stops when turning left slightly. when turning right it gets louder. there is a slight vibration attached to the sound. anyone got some ideas??

Dry wheel bearings?????
rhodyguy
jack up the car and give the wheels a good shake. if the bearings are snug spin each tire and listen for odd sounds.

k
BahnBrenner914
The front end is all aligned right? No need to be hunting for other problems if the basics arent taken care of. headbang.gif
rhodyguy
wrong, sorry. alignment is AFTER ensuring all the front items are correct. aligning PRIOR to is a waste of time and a bunch of money.

k
geniusanthony
new info, its only starts making noise after I have been driving, so only after moving parts start moving...
Root_Werks
Your wheel bearings are at the least out of adjustment. Check 'em and set them right. As your brakes warm up, they will try to grab when you turn certain directions.

Someone already said it, get the front end up in the air with the wheels still on tight. Use that and see if you can get any movement grabbing from the top and bottom of the wheels. If none of that works, light the car on fire and go buy a Honda. biggrin.gif
PeeGreen 914
QUOTE(Root_Werks @ Aug 27 2007, 10:31 PM) *

Your wheel bearings are at the least out of adjustment. Check 'em and set them right. As your brakes warm up, they will try to grab when you turn certain directions.

Someone already said it, get the front end up in the air with the wheels still on tight. Use that and see if you can get any movement grabbing from the top and bottom of the wheels. If none of that works, light the car on fire and go buy a Honda. biggrin.gif

av-943.gif av-943.gif av-943.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.