Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: yellow 914 spotted in AZ
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
slim72914
My buddy saw a yellow 914 last night near the airport on the 10. This anyone on here? He said it looked like a honda was trying to catch the 914 but couldnt.
gregrobbins
Probably Russ Dodson. He has a scary fast beautiful yellow six.
jim_hoyland
Russ's ride---
AZ914
Maybe WILLS? aka MOVQUIK
MoveQik
QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 27 2007, 09:18 AM) *

Maybe WILLS? aka MOVQUIK

Wasn't me. I am a fair weather driver. It is too hot right now!

Hey Slim, sign up on our AZ Yahoo group. It isn't overly active but you do get emails now and then about local stuff. We are meeting this Thursday for a dinner.

Here is the link: AZ Yahoo Email Group
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 25 2007, 09:06 PM) *

Russ's ride---
IPB Image

Nice Hooders biggrin.gif
gklinger
There was a nice orange 73-74 2.0L at Starbuck's in Tempe on Southern & McClintock Saturday morning... Anyone here?
slim72914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 27 2007, 04:38 PM) *

QUOTE(AZ914 @ Aug 27 2007, 09:18 AM) *

Maybe WILLS? aka MOVQUIK

Wasn't me. I am a fair weather driver. It is too hot right now!

Hey Slim, sign up on our AZ Yahoo group. It isn't overly active but you do get emails now and then about local stuff. We are meeting this Thursday for a dinner.

WOW! I was starting to think I was the only person in AZ who was on this site!!
I'll shoot over and join the group right now.

My friend was pretty sure the car he saw was a 4 cyl by the sound. Hes a big VW freak so I trust his ear!

I have only ever seen one 914 since I started watching for them on the freeways around town. Maybe once it cools down more will come out to play.
TROJANMAN
Come to Moab with us..........
http://www.914world.com/bbs2/index.php?sho...=74113&st=0
slim72914
QUOTE(TROJANMAN @ Aug 28 2007, 12:36 AM) *

No can do. Used up all my vacation hours last month. I would love to see some 914s though! Not sure that I have ever seen one in person that was done right...Take lots of pictures!
AZ914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 27 2007, 04:38 PM) *

How did I not know about this... chair.gif
jasons
QUOTE(slim72914 @ Aug 27 2007, 10:45 PM) *

My friend was pretty sure the car he saw was a 4 cyl by the sound. Hes a big VW freak so I trust his ear!

I have only ever seen one 914 since I started watching for them on the freeways around town. Maybe once it cools down more will come out to play.

I sold my 73 yellow 1.7 to a guy out in that neck of the woods about 2 years ago, I haven't seen hide or hair of that car since. idea.gif
Gint
QUOTE(slim72914 @ Aug 28 2007, 07:51 AM) *

No can do. Used up all my vacation hours last month. I would love to see some 914s though! Not sure that I have ever seen one in person that was done right...Take lots of pictures!
You only need one day. If you want to see a lot of 914's (over 40 last year) in one of the most beautiful places in the world, RRC is it.
MoveQik

Well, at least come to dinner with us Thursday. There might not be many 914's there(we'll blame it on the heat) but there should be five or six of us.
MoveQik

No can do. Used up all my vacation hours last month.

Clearly a rookie! You have not yet learned to schedule your vacation days around 914 events biggrin.gif
slim72914
QUOTE(MoveQik @ Aug 28 2007, 08:48 PM) *

No can do. Used up all my vacation hours last month.

Clearly a rookie! You have not yet learned to schedule your vacation days around 914 events biggrin.gif

Yeah I havent got to that point in my obsession just yet. Maybe once she is off jack stands and running. I have already removed one of 2 alarm systems installed on the car to get it to crank. The other system is still installed and sounds the horn when hooked up so that the coil gets power... So that needs some work. I started working on changing the plastic crap fuel lines to stainless steel and discovered my clutch tube is broken in all 3 mounting places and the fire wall is trashed. So once that stuff is done I might start planning my vacations around 914 meets. IF she even runs!
azbill
Come to the Thurseday dinner chowtime.gif . I am unvailing the "Uli" for the first time in over 2 years smilie_pokal.gif . The engine build from hell is completed and the 911 suspension is complete. It is done and running about time drunk.gif . See you all on Thuresday

TravisNeff
Can't wait to see it Bill!
jaminM3
Damn, I'm jealous. I lived in Phoenix for 8 years up until April '06 and I don't remember seeing any 914s. I was up off Cave Creek Rd and Thunderbird. There are only two or three people here in UT..
sad2.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Aug 29 2007, 09:20 AM) *

Damn, I'm jealous. There are only two or three people here in UT..
sad2.gif

Utah's 914 population is going to grow exponentially in about 3 weeks biggrin.gif
jaminM3
Good Point! aktion035.gif

and I will be there.. thumb3d.gif
MoveQik
QUOTE(azbill @ Aug 29 2007, 08:09 AM) *

Come to the Thurseday dinner chowtime.gif . I am unvailing the "Uli" for the first time in over 2 years smilie_pokal.gif . The engine build from hell is completed and the 911 suspension is complete. It is done and running about time drunk.gif . See you all on Thuresday

You better not be teasing me Bill! I have been waiting to see your car for a long time. biggrin.gif
TROJANMAN
QUOTE(jaminM3 @ Aug 29 2007, 10:49 AM) *

Good Point! aktion035.gif

and I will be there.. thumb3d.gif

Check in on the Norcal Caravan thread. They will probably be driving htrough SLC
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.