Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Pomona swapmeet
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
914rick42
Hello all,
I'm wondering if any of you go to the swapmeet for parts and has anyone ever bought a car there?

Thanks,
Rick
Cap'n Krusty
Pomona? The place where you go to buy stolen stuff? Seriously, last time I went there, prolly 1987, the place was swarming with undercover cops, and some not even undercover, confiscating stolen milk crates, engines, trannys, and other stuff. Never again! They had a flatbed stakeside truck fulla parts and crates. The Cap'n
jim_hoyland
The selection od 914 parts is real thin at Pomona now due to the internet. Have seen a few nice cars. Best swap meet is coming up at the Ventura GAF held Sept 8, and Sept 9 at the fair grounds on California St ( or one stree up )

I believe Sunday is the swap meet; there is a cars-for-sale area and thats open both days. See:

www.TheVenturaShow.com

skline
I have bought some cars at Pomona before but it was back in the 80's as well. Back when it was cool. Since EvilBay came about, it just has not been the same there. You can still find a few deals here and there but for the money, time and hassle you go through, it's just not worth it.

Elliot Cannon
I've seen some pretty cool cars there though and the people watching is aaaaah, Interesting.
Cheers, Elliot
Allan
QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 25 2007, 03:45 PM) *

The selection od 914 parts is real thin at Pomona now due to the internet.

agree.gif Go to the Ventura German Auto Fest.....
914rick42
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 25 2007, 02:46 PM) *

Pomona? The place where you go to buy stolen stuff? Seriously, last time I went there, prolly 1987, the place was swarming with undercover cops, and some not even undercover, confiscating stolen milk crates, engines, trannys, and other stuff. Never again! They had a flatbed stakeside truck fulla parts and crates. The Cap'n

Thanks for the info. I have not been there in 10 or so years either. I'll wait for the GAF in Ventura.

Rick dry.gif
914rick42
QUOTE(Headrage @ Aug 25 2007, 06:02 PM) *

QUOTE(jim_hoyland @ Aug 25 2007, 03:45 PM) *

The selection od 914 parts is real thin at Pomona now due to the internet.

agree.gif Go to the Ventura German Auto Fest.....

Thanks.... I think I will.

Rick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.