Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Vacuum hose routing
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
beech4rd
I'm trying to correctly route the vacuum hoses on my GA prefix 2.0l. All the diagrams I can find show a line from the distributor vacuum advance to the throttle valve housing. My housing has a bump where the nipple ( are words like that permitted on this forum?) should be, but it's not drilled out and there is no nipple. There is a nipple for the line on the vacuum advace housing. Jeff Bowlsby has a very usefull diagram of the routing but doesn't show where this line attaches. I do have the line from the back of the vacuum advance attached to the throttle body- it's the line from the front (top) I'm having the problem with.
Cap'n Krusty
There should be a 4-6" piece of hose attached to the advance fitting on the distributor. It goes nowhere, and appears simply to be there to keep debris out of the can. Also to mess with your mind. The Cap'n
beech4rd
Thank you, and that I have- Both the 6" hose to nowhere and the messed up mind.
Chris
joeav8tor
QUOTE(beech4rd @ Aug 25 2007, 03:57 PM) *

Thank you, and that I have- Both the 6" hose to nowhere and the messed up mind.
Chris

do a search of vacuum hose replacement...dr 914 posted a diagram that was helpful when I replaced my vacuum hoses. type.gif
JOE
Allan
QUOTE(Cap'n Krusty @ Aug 25 2007, 02:43 PM) *

There should be a 4-6" piece of hose attached to the advance fitting on the distributor. It goes nowhere, and appears simply to be there to keep debris out of the can. Also to mess with your mind. The Cap'n

agree.gif Mine was the same except I actually had a fitting on the TB but it was plugged.
Air_Cooled_Nut
http://www.icbm.org/erkson/personal/Porsch...nuals/index.htm

Middle of the page. BTW, when the login box pops up, READ IT! It tells you how to log in wink.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.