Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: What is the function of the Anti- Flashback valve?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
beech4rd
While setting up the vacuum hoses on my 2.0L, I have discovered that the anti-flashback valve is missing. What does it do and who sells them? Or is it unobtainium? Also. I bought a neat little gizmo from Auto Atlanta that connects two hoses of differing I.D. to the throttle body. The hoses are female and the 2into1 is also female. Were some metal connectors originally used to bridge the gap? And again, are they available anywhere? I couldn't find them on either AA or Pelikan.
Chris
swl
The anti-flashback is supposed to stop a backfire from reaching the hot gasses in the heads. As I understand it, it is just a wire mesh that wicks away the heat and stops the flame. If you don't have one you are probably just venting your heads to the air. No problem operationally but the tree huggers won't be happy. Don't know anything about availability - they are not the sort of thing that fails. Maybe someone with a parts car can help you.
So.Cal.914

What is the function of the Anti- Flashback valve?

I think they installed one in my head blink.gif the 70's were tough on alot of us.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 26 2007, 05:13 PM) *

I think they installed one in my head blink.gif the 70's were tough on alot of us.

Shoulda been there for the 60's!

Jack Daniel's for bong juice, Jimmi Hendrix, Janis, Dylan, Iron Butterfly.....

Losing the farternity charter ( a la Animal House), Uncle Sugar breathing down your neck for Vietnam, losing your deferrment!

Yeah, I have flashbacks. But only the ones that put a grin on my face. Little didi I know that I'd discover Porsches in the early 70's. Bigger grin & no flashbacks - just unbelievably fond memories.

Belushi had nothing on me!

Oh yeah - flashback valve. Can't see anything that would ever render that thing replceacble. Simple, does its job, if ever needed. Wouldn't ride without it though.
So.Cal.914
QUOTE(Pat Garvey @ Aug 26 2007, 06:33 PM) *

QUOTE(So.Cal.914 @ Aug 26 2007, 05:13 PM) *

Shoulda been there for the 60's!

Jack Daniel's for bong juice, Jimmi Hendrix, Janis, Dylan, Iron Butterfly.....

Losing the farternity charter ( a la Animal House), Uncle Sugar breathing down your neck for Vietnam, losing your deferrment!

Yeah, I have flashbacks. But only the ones that put a grin on my face. Little didi I know that I'd discover Porsches in the early 70's. Bigger grin & no flashbacks - just unbelievably fond memories.

Belushi had nothing on me!

Oh yeah - flashback valve. Can't see anything that would ever render that thing replceacble. Simple, does its job, if ever needed. Wouldn't ride without it though.

So do we call you bluto or flounder?

Nope, born in 1957, I was growing up in the 60's
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.