Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Carbon Fiber Bumpers
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
seanery
They have front & rear GT bumpers listed in CF for 211.21 Euro each.
This doesn't seem like a bad deal. Shipping is either 79.99 or 99.99 Euro.

Has anyone seen this or touched them? I know Jeroen has that one pic, but any more would be great.
Joe Bob
Got a link? Can't seem to find them on the site.
seanery
no link.

I just searched "914" & then "bumpers" in the description area. (I hate their page!)

there will be a couple that show up. It's the ones for $211.21. I had to do a translation to figure out it was CF.
Jeroen
It's been too long since I held one in my hands (early 2001) to make any worthwhile comments...

I "remember" them being quite thick (something like 0.4") and not as light you'd expect from a C/F part. OTOH, it gave 'em a nice solid feel, which you would apreciate for a bumper biggrin.gif

The build quality looked very good and consistant (German F/G is usually very good) but the surface did have some of the usual pinholes etc.
So if you'd want to have them on your car and leave them unpainted, I think you'll have to do some additional clearcoating/buffing to get them to CW standards

cheers,

Jeroen
seanery
think race car
r_towle
I keeping with race car...

I have a front bumper 916 style that would make URY barf.gif

I want a really really thin one..
Does anyone sell really really thin ones???

Rich
Qarl
Hmmmm... group buy? Save on shipping and get a better price?
seanery
do you and I count as a group buy?
Brad Roberts
I was contacted in a PM buy a lurking member who owns a company specializing in short (30+pieces) CF production. He wants to do these parts for us. So.. unless you are ready to buy now.. hang in there. He is reading these posts and is a fellow 914 owner (I fully support the 914 owners who supply us with manufactured goods).

B
Jeroen
I was contacted in a PM buy a lurking member who owns a company specializing in short (30+pieces) CF production. He wants to do these parts for us. So..

He shoulda just posted a message here in the thread... Is he shy?
biggrin.gif

cheers,

Jeroen
maf914
Brad,

I'd be interested in a set of CF, or even FG, trully formed nice fitting bumpers (if such a thing exists) with mounting brackets at a reasonable price. Keep us posted.

Mike
seanery
Sweet!

whoever you are, thank you, thank you, thank you!

I like to buy from our own.
Brad Roberts
He is out of town until Jan6th. I gave him my cell number to call (yes..I will turn it on)

B
914werke
How bout a decent repro of the LE valance in CF ? smile.gif
Brad Roberts
I'm going to ask him for a lot of pieces (like I want to stock everything mentioned + some)

I currently have a stock LE air dam in my truck for layup purposes. They are a lot different than the current crap we buy/get.

B
DuckRyder
Dammit, there you guys go again..................I'm in for nearly anything carbon fibre, I LOVE carbon fibre.

How about rocker pannels too, just smooth, and none of the PORSCHE shit in them. Just plain like stock, OOOOHHHHHH OOOOHHHH and GT flares with nice layed up holes for rivits or stainless screws.........................

I'm sick, I need professional help....................................... but I have a good job.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.