Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Heat
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Andyrew
Ok My next project (hope to finish it soon to move on to the next project..) Is to install the heat stuff back in..

Does anyone have any pics of their car (73 2.0 if it makes a diff) of the underside of the engine?

Anyone have tips for installing this stuff back on? I'll be cleaning everything (kina rusty) and painting it with high temp stuff (black). Where do you get the hose stuff?
The stupid PO uninstalled the dash stuff.. so I have to hook the wires back up.. I think he just cut them out (arg..) Any tips on this? Sould I get new wires? If so anyone have a diagram of what goes where? Should I mate new wires to the old one's and install it from there?

Ahh the fun that awaits me sad.gif

Thanks all!!!

Andrew
Andyrew
When I said wires I mean cables, the one's that control the arms for the control unit.
Aaron Cox
yes..i have a 73 2.0 and i put heat on it. its not THAT hard but is still a pain. ill see if i can jack my sisters digicam and snap a few. i got all my heat stuff off ebay. PET and TWEEKS both have good diagrams of how it goes together.....ill get back to ya
garyh
QUOTE(Andyrew @ Dec 21 2003, 11:59 AM)
Does anyone have any pics of their car (73 2.0 if it makes a diff) of the underside of the engine?

Anyone have tips for installing this stuff back on? I'll be cleaning everything (kina rusty) and painting it with high temp stuff (black). Where do you get the hose stuff?

It doesn't show the J-tubes, but the parts diagram helps:
http://www.pelicanparts.com/914/parts/engi..._system_big.htm

Think of it as a puzzle; there's only one way all the parts fit together. You'll get it at your 3rd try. (And yes, that weird divot in one of the J-tubes is supposed to be there.)

If you're missing any parts, let me know. I've got a bunch left over from putting mine back together.

G.
Andyrew
Alright, have the drivers side done, pass side has the fuel lines in the way from my relocation of the pump, I'll get to that later. I hooked up the blower and tryed to get it to run but no good. The blower works, and I really dont want to re route the wiring (I think I need to re do the whole car! stupid wires, none of them work..) Anyone have any thoughts? Any diagrams? The one's I looked at just show a relay, swaped in another relay and no good.

Any idea's?

Andrew

headbang.gif
Andyrew
Okly.. Im reading the manual and it says that when the lever for the heater flaper boxes is all the way open then the blower turns on.. I looked at the diagrams and found a green and white wire going to that lever. Lo and behold I tear some things up and I find the female. Although I dont find the male, So I figure it might be on the lever, nope I dont see anything on the lever that resembles anything close to electrical.. Does anyone know where this "switch" Is? Pics?

Andrew
JWest
The male connector is on the lever:
Andyrew
No female connectors right? it just goes to ground?

Thanks James! That really helps!

Andrew wavey.gif
JWest
Right, just the one wire. It is grounded when the lever is up which energizes the relay on the relay board.
Andyrew
Cool.

Thanks!

Andrew

Now to try and figure out how to connect it.. arg..
Aaron Cox
while on the topic of heat levers....

how do you cahnge one out. i mean i am going to put in the console bent one and cant seem to figure it out. the heatre cables go thru the hole in the lever. does that mean i have to pull the cable to route it thru the new lever?
JWest
QUOTE(acox914 @ Dec 23 2003, 09:27 AM)
does that mean i have to pull the cable to route it thru the new lever?

Yes.
Aaron Cox
CRAP!!!!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.