Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Hey Redshift?? WTF?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
Pages: 1, 2
Rusty
Did I miss something?
seanery
they have an off-topic board that from what I hear is really anti-american.
Rusty
That's almost enough to make me go back there, just to start a flame-war... and get kicked off. lol

Thanks, Sean.

-Rusty smoke.gif
SirAndy
QUOTE(seanery @ Dec 21 2003, 12:41 PM)
they have an off-topic board that from what I hear is really anti-american.

[RANT ON]

no, actually it's NOT anti american ...

there was 1 (ONE) post that was anti bush/war in iraq (which i don't consider anti-american at all).

i think Miles (redshift) is off his medication again. wink.gif
it's a off-topic forum.
if you don't like to talk about off-topic stuff, simply don't go there.
if you still go there and you're offended by someones views/posts,
don't f***ing blame Pelican for it!

whatever happend to "freedom of speech"?
is that "republicans only" now?
everyone here seems to be able to tolerate pro bush/pro war posts.
according to the polls, that's only about half of the population of this country.

btw. i hate how you guys split everything in republicans/democrats.
this world is not black/white and neither are peoples believes and views about politics. there's much more to it than that.

[RANT OFF]

Andy
Brad Roberts
We should have a special [RANT] [/RANT] font Andy.

I hate both parties.... but not much I can do about it.

Andy.. for the most part Republican people "speak" more than a conservative Democrat.

You will always hear more Republican than Democrat backing (so it seams)

B
Bleyseng
Thats cuz the Republicans are more closed minded and need to convert others to their narrow minded beliefs!

Geoff mueba.gif
swood
I've edited my response several times now and have decided to give up. I don't really like either party in totality, but I also don't believe in being nuetral. I believe in absolutes, right and wrong and defending the former.

In the things that matter, there is really little difference with the two parties. I disagree with anyone that thinks government is "industry" and is somehow responsible to run the economy. That's what WE do. Joe american and business, large and small create the economy. A smaller and less intrusive government is good for this country. Individuals are by and large more benevolent and caring than the whiny liberals give us credit for.

Not much, but just a few thoughts.
swood
Nothing wrong with being narrow minded. I believe in an absolute truth and nothing more, nothing less. There is no allowance for me to believe otherwise.
stock93
I still say theres something wrong with being able to make a full career out of being in politics. Maybe I'm mistaken, I thought the purpose was to serve your country and people not line your pockets as much as possible. I'm not saying they should starve, we have food stamps smile.gif

John
SirAndy
QUOTE(stock93 @ Dec 21 2003, 03:33 PM)
I thought the purpose was to serve your country and people not line your pockets as much as possible.

and not only just your pockets but also the pockets of your friends and the companies you have ownership in.

can you say "Halliburton" ??? flag.gif

and this is by no means a republican problem but rather a problem with politics in general.

i never belonged to a political party and i never will.
Andy
Eddie Williams
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 21 2003, 05:24 PM)
Thats cuz the Republicans are more closed minded and need to convert others to their narrow minded beliefs!

I thought it was because most Democrats were illiterate from 40 years of liberal controlled Congress "dumbing down" public education to the least common denominator.
SirAndy
see, we can have our own "mud wrestling" party ...
we don't need no pelican off topic board! laugh.gif

stfu.gif pissoff.gif agree.gif confused24.gif ar15.gif finger.gif clap56.gif

beerchug.gif beer3.gif smilie_pokal.gif
stock93
Just for clarity, that was aimed at politics in general, not one specific party. Somedays I look at our country, ok most days, and think our founding fathers would be very disappointed in how it has turned out so far.

John
Bleyseng
I don't know about the rest of the country, but Seattle is overun by Homeless People living under the Freeways.
The Republicans have controlled the congress and Senate for awhile, meaning what Bills gets passed. The money isn't flowing to help the poor and others unfortunate people.

The Rich get Richer.....

Geoff
tmp914
The US is based on a capitalist society so the rich should get richer, Im not "rich" but I am doing better all the time, depends how hard I want to work I guess. Should the rich get poorer?
SirAndy
QUOTE(tmp914 @ Dec 21 2003, 04:45 PM)
Im not "rich" but I am doing better all the time, depends how hard I want to work I guess.

haha, that's a myth. no one ever got rich by working hard. laugh.gif

Andy
Eddie Williams
There have always been and will always be homeless people. It has nothing to do with who is in the congress or the white house. Homelessness goes back to the ancient days. They just weren't identified by their politically correct titles.

And about getting rich, it depends on your definition of rich. You can better your lot in life and climb the social ladder, if thats what you choose to do. It's your choice. But, if you are judging being rich on the scale of Warren Buffett or Bill Gates, a little luck helps also.
redshift
No man, fucking guy called me a racist for the term "Moslem Terrorists".

'Moslem' is not a race, and we aren't being attacked by Catholics. I am not a racist. That is more offensive to me than I can bear.

The schmuck there is a complete idiot, and I was told I was |____| that far from being banned, I thanked them for the time, and told them to delete my account, I won't be using it anymore, and I definately wouldn't buy a FUCKING thing from Pelican ever again.

The 'banter' is all based on shit, no facts, just 'anecdotal evidence', and a supreme knowledge of clouding issues.

I am a Libertarian, not the legalize drugs/anarchy kind, the leave me the fuck alone kind.

I choose where I purchase, I choose not to purchase there.

Don't tread on me.

Fuck Wayne, and his parts.

Miles 'Fucking' Hendrix
tracks914
Off topic a bit but I liked it. I heard a good one today...a new verb for the english language.
It's called being "Dixie Chicked". hanged.gif
Freedom of speech unless it is unpopular with the government of the day and a slim minority.
confused24.gif
redshift
It's all one guy from LA, and people from other countries slandering AMERICA, calling AMERICANS stupid, making jokes about AMERICA.... and they ask us for money, food, and help.

All the while, there is American blood splattered from pole-to-pole..

Gist of my post there:

I paid taxes to buy the red buttons. I'll pay for more if they'd make them. I don't play games, I don't have time, I live in a push button world. I wouldn't mind being a mushroom farmer, I like bright lights, and smoke.

My right to be pissed was bought and paid for with 3025 innocent people's lives... at work.

Oh Moslem terrorist..... finger.gif

flag.gif

M
Joe Bob
Well I guess a blow job and a warm shower at midnight is outta the question???? blink.gif
redshift
laugh.gif

blink.gif

Yep.

M
Brad Roberts
Man.. I love you guy's. Everyone has a different view. This place would be BORING if everyone shared the same opinion.

I want everyone to know right now.. I dont care what "party" you belong to or what your "beliefs" are.

If you feel strongly about something... air it out. I air it out everyday (914's)

B
Qarl
I dont care what "party" you belong to

I want to go to the "party" where the girl in Zois' avatar is dancing!!!!!
redshift
I am fully for freedom of speech, if we disagree, we are going around, and I always throw the second punch when it comes to slugging, and I hit harder.

No reason to fight if you don't intend on leaving a reason not to fight behind.

M
Brad Roberts
Question:

Why is Alfred still on Rennlist ?? How is it that Dunk puts up with him ??

B
Aaron Cox
hmmm.....he's a racist. and on pelican. go figure rolleyes.gif
redshift
heh Irony is not lost on this young man.

smilie_pokal.gif WTG Aaron!

M
GWN7
Because he has never posted any of his "enlighting " views on life on either board, just here.

Weren't we lucky? barf.gif
Aaron Cox
yeah...i feel like a winner cuz i got to listen to his Arian race BS bs.gif ..LOL
seanery
Cops is on CourtTV right now and it's about a mile down the street laugh.gif
I'm so proud!
Aaron Cox
HEH...i watched my white trash neighbor get arrested for beating his wife.... ohmy.gif ar15.gif
jimtab
QUOTE(Eddie Williams @ Dec 21 2003, 04:04 PM)
QUOTE(Bleyseng @ Dec 21 2003, 05:24 PM)

I thought it was because most Democrats were illiterate from 40 years of liberal controlled Congress "dumbing down" public education to the least common denominator.

The republican party doesn't give a shit about public education because the two factions that run the modern republican party (the christian right and the wealthy) have their kids in private schools.
Bleyseng
agree.gif

and thats why we our losing our edge over other countries! They have better schools and their kids can get in them without being rich.

Geoff
rick 918-S
QUOTE(acox914 @ Dec 21 2003, 08:55 PM)
yeah...i feel like a winner cuz i got to listen to his Arian race BS  bs.gif ..LOL

He is awarded no points. And were all dumber for having read his words. blink.gif

I'm a firm believer in working harder not smarter. wink.gif

Seriously, I never told you guys this but. I was unable to join the armed forces. I had a major back operation when I was 17. Spent 10 months in a body cast. The draft had justed ended but I tried to enlist anyway. The recruiter told me "were looking for able bodied men her son." I guess The brain is a usless muscle when it comes to the selective service. As a result of not being able to join the military I was aced out of civil servent jobs, Small business loans opportunities, and countless other things. I think I would have kicked some ass for our country and did my part to propect all you people. So I appreciate the guys that stick there neck out. If someone wants to bad mouth our land of opportunity that's fine. As long as they do it with respect and realize if they were anywhere else talking trash they would be D-E-A-D. ar15.gif
swood
THis one's for you M.
redshift
You guys on the Rep/Dem fight are playing the wrong game.

Partys will never make this country great, it's individuals, and personal sacrifice.

The government school system sucks, as does state sponsored welfare, and healthcare.

When they take $100, and spend $50 of it on collecting it, $30 on moving it, and $10 on a system to oversee the other $10... welp... there you go.I'd rather spend the $100 on the 'item'.

I am sure I have qualified for many government programs in the past, I never took advantage of any, I just worked_my_ass_off at whatever_I_had to work at.

You just don't need it all.

I don't have much of anything for a person that won't do for himself. I find most people in the 914 community to be 'do it' type people.. don't get me wrong... there is nothing wrong with getting a little help.. you have to do the work on your own though, to take pride, you have to have pride, the most valuable single thing a person can have... pride keeps you alive.

Crap Government Program: Case in Point; NASA (sorry Dave)

I am against the space program, almost in toto. To the Moon again? To Mars? What a waste. Giant space telescopes are a different story. Pile them on.

In 1000 years, the technolgy can change, and make those things a value for those generations, but not ours, sorry.

Just because half the population drives $50,000 SUVs doesn't mean we can afford all this crap.

Potato chips cost almost $4.00 a bag... is that a valuable food item for a family on welfare?

No

If the Govt. 'will pay' $5 for a pill, that is what they get charged, even if the pills were $1 to start with.

Just a couple things in my direction for you to consider, the money is all there.... OOPS! and now it's not.. right?

M
redshift
lol

Now, if we could just have a friendly fire oopsy...

M
Scott Carlberg
I think it's actually spelled this way.... ar15.gif ar15.gif Muslim chair.gif smash.gif
redshift
Yeah, but it used to be spelled ar15.gif Moslem smash.gif .

I like the way things used to be, don't you, INFIDEL!

HELLOOOOO INFIDELS!

heh

M
Mockmaw
Resisting.. the.. temptation.. to.. argue.. back. No one ever wins these arguments, and I rarely see any good come out of them. I vehemently disagree with MANY of the statements presented in this thread, but I'm glad that all of us have the right and freedom to think what we want and say what we want.. even if it pisses each other off.

...My mix of San Diego and Berkeley politics would not go over well here, haha.
Curvie Roadlover
QUOTE(SirAndy @ Dec 21 2003, 03:09 PM)

there was 1 (ONE) post that was anti bush/war in iraq (which i don't consider anti-american at all).

whatever happend to "freedom of speech"?
is that "republicans only" now?
everyone here seems to be able to tolerate pro bush/pro war posts.
according to the polls, that's only about half of the population of this country.

btw. i hate how you guys split everything in republicans/democrats.
this world is not black/white and neither are peoples believes and views about politics. there's much more to it than that.

[RANT OFF]

Andy

agree.gif
Well put Andy smilie_pokal.gif
Steve Thacker
QUOTE(redshift @ Dec 21 2003, 10:53 PM)
No man, fucking guy called me a racist for the term "Moslem Terrorists".

'Moslem' is not a race, and we aren't being attacked by Catholics. I am not a racist. That is more offensive to me than I can bear.

The schmuck there is a complete idiot, and I was told I was |____| that far from being banned, I thanked them for the time, and told them to delete my account, I won't be using it anymore, and I definately wouldn't buy a FUCKING thing from Pelican ever again.

The 'banter' is all based on shit, no facts, just 'anecdotal evidence', and a supreme knowledge of clouding issues.

I am a Libertarian, not the legalize drugs/anarchy kind, the leave me the fuck alone kind.

I choose where I purchase, I choose not to purchase there.

Don't tread on me.

Fuck Wayne, and his parts.

Miles 'Fucking' Hendrix

AMEN Red ! Staunch Libertarian here also.
rhodyguy
until miles added his note re the ot forum i wasn't even aware of it. but no nasty words, oh no. so f,s,c,cs,mfing allowed. the thread with ot pictures was pretty funny. the anti george thread was deleted when i got there. wayne seems to be trying to open things up a bit. still that vendor issue sad.gif . if folks can't seperate parts buying from politics (no offence miles) there is always aa. if you like expensive, stale, white bread. an ot rant livens things here up a bit. fuck it laugh.gif .

kevin/a nattering naybob of negativity
"by the way. the united states is a republic. not a democracy"
redshift
I am totally for people speaking their mind... completely. How would we know to avoid if everyone was a liar?

The world could be a very boring place if it always worked out my way, safe, effcient, and fair... perfect..... but boring. smile.gif

Just don't call me a racist to subvert the issue, it's not at all true. I bite...

please don't feed the animals.

M
Queenie
QUOTE(Mockmaw @ Dec 22 2003, 01:17 AM)

...My mix of San Diego and Berkeley politics would not go over well here, haha.

They'd probably go over just fine with me, but I don't like to participate in these political threads. I usually try not to read them, because a lot of what I see just makes me heartsick.

Sir Andy summed it all up pretty perfectly for me anyhow ... thanks, Andy.
fuch toy
Humor usually helps in threads such as these/those....if not, then the assume the poster is brain dead....
ArtechnikA
QUOTE(swood @ Dec 21 2003, 03:27 PM)
...In the things that matter, there is really little difference with the two parties....

it's not just "the" two parties. there are lots of choices. i'm a registered Libertarian. (in the broadest possible strokes, fiscal conservative and social liberal...)

"third" parties can make a BIG difference... more people in Florida in the last presidential election voted for Ralph Nader than the difference between the Bush/Gore totals ... but as important, it gives you an opportunity to identify with a particular position in good conscience ...
jimtab
QUOTE(ArtechnikA @ Dec 22 2003, 11:05 AM)

"third" parties can make a BIG difference... more people in Florida in the last presidential election voted for Ralph Nader than the difference between the Bush/Gore totals ... but as important, it gives you an opportunity to identify with a particular position in good conscience ...

Yes, third parties can make a difference their support of the self-serving mr nader gave us Bush "light". Thanks a lot. You must be very proud. bootyshake.gif
Brad Roberts
I really enjoy spending time around Jim...LOL

B
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.