Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: solex dual carbs.
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
67rafa
I have SOLEX 32-34 PDSIT 2 and 3 carbs in a fresh rebuilt engine that came from a late 60's bus,(2.0L) (car is not on the road yet )and I need the linkage, is it worht the investment.
davep
What are your ambitions for the car? They might be sufficient to get around town, but for serious HP most engines use the Solex / Weber / Dellorto 40's. Of course it really depends on the "Combination".
computers4kids
QUOTE(67rafa @ Aug 26 2007, 05:49 PM) *

I have SOLEX 32-34 PDSIT 2 and 3 carbs in a fresh rebuilt engine that came from a late 60's bus,(2.0L) (car is not on the road yet )and I need the linkage, is it worht the investment.

Just sold a set of 34 solex carbs on ebay...went for a whopping $18 after a bidding war if that's any indication of value...unless of course you have manifolds and linkage already.
67rafa
QUOTE(davep @ Aug 26 2007, 07:45 PM) *

What are your ambitions for the car? They might be sufficient to get around town, but for serious HP most engines use the Solex / Weber / Dellorto 40's. Of course it really depends on the "Combination".

OK, thanx, that gives me sort of an idea to just get it on the road and then later switch to better as you mentioned.
67rafa
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Aug 26 2007, 07:59 PM) *

Just sold a set of 34 solex carbs on ebay...went for a whopping $18 after a bidding war if that's any indication of value...unless of course you have manifolds and linkage already.

Oh WOW!! Well, I need the linkage only, Iguess it shouldnt be that much. Do you have the linkage?
Its that your project on your signature? thats is going to be me with my son
Twystd1
Rafa.. Where you located in SoCal..???????????

I B in Newport Beach

Clayton
67rafa
QUOTE(Twystd1 @ Aug 26 2007, 10:21 PM) *

Rafa.. Where you located in SoCal..???????????

I B in Newport Beach

Clayton

in Simi
computers4kids
QUOTE(67rafa @ Aug 26 2007, 11:16 PM) *

Oh WOW!! Well, I need the linkage only, Iguess it shouldnt be that much. Do you have the linkage?

Sorry I don't...actually it's the white one (75) with the 500 pound bumpers that I'm tinkering with now. The solex carbs were in a pile of extra parts. I have a set of 34 Weber ICTs with manifolds, linkage, etc, that eventually I'll be selling. I picked up a set of Weber 40s.
67rafa
QUOTE(computers4kids @ Aug 27 2007, 06:24 AM) *

QUOTE(67rafa @ Aug 26 2007, 11:16 PM) *

Sorry I don't...actually it's the white one (75) with the 500 pound bumpers that I'm tinkering with now. The solex carbs were in a pile of extra parts. I have a set of 34 Weber ICTs with manifolds, linkage, etc, that eventually I'll be selling. I picked up a set of Weber 40s.

how much would you be asking for the 34's and its components?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.