Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wrx on E-bay
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
CoolAirVw
This WRX would make someone a nice donor engine.

WRX on E-bay
JPB
SWEET find bro. To bad he is a little to far away cuz that could have been a great cash deal. Well, rape Paul to pay Marie kinda deal. drooley.gif
alpha434
You're kidding, right? Front impact. God only knows what you may have knocked loose inside that engine. That is a high risk buy. You need one that's taken JUST enough damage to the rear or side. I saw a camaro the other day that some girl tore up driving through the Burger King drive through. One of those crappy yellow poles. . . That's the car you want.
Crazyhippy
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Aug 26 2007, 07:58 PM) *

You're kidding, right? Front impact. God only knows what you may have knocked loose inside that engine. That is a high risk buy. You need one that's taken JUST enough damage to the rear or side. I saw a camaro the other day that some girl tore up driving through the Burger King drive through. One of those crappy yellow poles. . . That's the car you want.

Dont tell anyone, but i think I agree w/ Alpha headbang.gif headbang.gif

That car was hit hard enough to destroy the timing belt, and the valves hit when that happens... Now you have to tear the motor down, and hope it didn't hit hard enough to crack a head, block, intake etc...

Better off getting a slightly more $$$ motor, and not having to tear it apart right away. Save that for when you get too agressive w/ the boost on pump gas chair.gif chair.gif

BJH
fiid

Alpha's right. The cam belt pulley's are all out front on the subie motor, plus the crank pulley and a bunch of sensors and stuff. You can get a JDM WRX motor any day of the week for $600. You could buy one, decide it's in poor condition, buy parts or even another engine and still not have to deal with the rest of the car for that amount of money.
JPB
You all have a good point however, I would have to hear it run prior to purchasing it. $600 for a JDM engine, do you have a web site bro? beer.gif
VaccaRabite
$2K and not hit reserve yet. I don't know if I would touch it with a pole. For 2K the engine and wheels would have to be perfect, and neither of the above is true.

Zach
boxstr
Buying this WRX would be like a 911 with the ass end bashed in. So many hidden problems you are best to stay away.
CCLINCAMPSUBIE
fiid
QUOTE(JPB @ Sep 1 2007, 06:32 AM) *

You all have a good point however, I would have to hear it run prior to purchasing it. $600 for a JDM engine, do you have a web site bro? beer.gif

Yup! http://www.nippon-motors.com/ I guess they're $850 now. They used to be $650 before the dollar fell... sad.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.