Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Meet the donor, so how did I do?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
GaroldShaffer
Long story.... cousin of Father inlaw knew this guy that had a 66 912 ( which I bought). Guy with 912 knew of this shop with a parts car, shop calls me to come and get it. Owner of thw car has passed away and his family doesn't want it.

So $300 buck later, yes $300 I have a complete one owner 74 911 with a 2.7. Engine runs smilie_pokal.gif To bad the body is in such sad shape.

So meet my 5 lug, 2.7 donor for my 914 biggrin.gif

alpha434
You know that 911 body panels bolt on, right? A bad bodied-911 is no problem to repair.
smontanaro
So Garold, is the 912 available? chowtime.gif

Skip
SFOB914
If you decide to part with the red interior pieces, I'd be interested. I have a 912E that I'm trying to find this color interior for. Thanks, Bob
rick 918-S
Nice score! aktion035.gif
pete914
wow, awesome score. can't wait to read the thread about you installing that engine. thumb3d.gif
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(smontanaro @ Aug 26 2007, 07:17 PM) *

So Garold, is the 912 available? chowtime.gif

Skip

Sorry skip, sold it last month. Paid $750 for it and sold it for $2000 a week later biggrin.gif
iamchappy
Hi donor, welcome to the club! welcome.png
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(alpha434 @ Aug 26 2007, 07:09 PM) *

You know that 911 body panels bolt on, right? A bad bodied-911 is no problem to repair.

smoke.gif

Its junk. Pans are gone, major rust in cowl by windshield, front trunk is fair, longs are shot ........ the list goes on. I,m not looking for a restoration project, I have that with my 914. This was such a sweet deal I couldn't pass it up.
skline
Are those deep sixes too? That would be a major score!!
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(skline @ Aug 26 2007, 09:05 PM) *

Are those deep sixes too? That would be a major score!!

Um, I'm not sure. dumb question, how do you tell if they are?
i love porsche
yeah i saw that too...it looks like they are

awesome find!
roadster fan
Nice score, one of those wheels is worth more than you paid for the whole enchilada!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the project.

Jim
1bad914
Great score Garold!!! Have fun!

On another note, whats the story on the green 914 that sits in that fenced in garage by your exit on I94, looks like it has 916 bumper on the front. You know the oe I mean, they always have a bunch of funky cars parked there. it is on the left going north?
beech4rd
You scored big time. Is that a sunroof coupe? If it is, I'm looking for sunroof parts, specifically the pop up wind deflector, for a '75 coupe I own. If you want to sell the parts, contact me.
Chris
Bartlett 914
Way to go Garold! You really seem to score some great finds!

Are you going to put it in your newly painted orange car or are you going to find a new car to put it in?
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(1bad914 @ Aug 27 2007, 04:53 AM) *

Great score Garold!!! Have fun!

On another note, whats the story on the green 914 that sits in that fenced in garage by your exit on I94, looks like it has 916 bumper on the front. You know the oe I mean, they always have a bunch of funky cars parked there. it is on the left going north?

I don't know. I haven't gone there to ask yet. The owner is a bit of a flake and we had "words" 12yrs ago when I had my 73. Usually most of the cars are not for sale.
GaroldShaffer
QUOTE(Bartlett 914 @ Aug 27 2007, 05:58 AM) *

Way to go Garold! You really seem to score some great finds!

Are you going to put it in your newly painted orange car or are you going to find a new car to put it in?

It will go into the Orange car. smash.gif welder.gif driving.gif aktion035.gif
jd74914
QUOTE(i love porsche @ Aug 27 2007, 02:55 AM) *

yeah i saw that too...it looks like they are

awesome find!

they do look like deep 6's . . . just put a quarter in the recess to tell smile.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.