Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Boxster Rims
914World.com > The 914 Forums > 914World Garage
pjhaun
Here is a picture of the chromed Boxxter rims on my 914 (front)
pjhaun
Here is another picture on the chromed Boxster rims I put on my 914 (rear)
Andyrew
If only they where 17 in.. Still looks nice!

Works well with the body.

driving.gif

Andrew
Jeroen
Very nice!
Can you post any specs...?
Wheel sizes, ET/offsets, spacers used?

cheers,

Jeroen
scottb
pj, could you have the woman in your avatar move a little to her right?

aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif aktion035.gif

oh, and nice wheels too......!
boxsterfan
Those look great! Still gives me the feel of the "era". 17" rims would be too huge. I always thing the 914's with 17" rims look a little awkward even with mondo flares.
Malmz
Phillip,

Definitely interested in hearing what spacers you used (since nobody could give me an answer to my hypothetical question a month ago!)

Let us know.

sm
pjhaun
They are stock 1997-98 Porsche Boxster rims chromed. The front is 6x16 with an offset of 5 1/8 inches. I used a 1 1/2 inch spacer. The tire I used is 205/55-16. The rear is 7x16 with an offset of 5 5/16 inches. I used a 1 inch spacer. The tire I used is 245/50-16.
smrz914
17 inch 993 wheels so you can decide if they are to big.

IPB Image
sj914
Paul, the picture's too small.
I thought the 17's were too big to.
But seeing your car in person with those 17" changed my mind.
Malmz
QUOTE(pjhaun @ Dec 23 2003, 10:41 PM)
They are stock 1997-98 Porsche Boxster rims chromed. The front is 6x16 with an offset of 5 1/8 inches. I used a 1 1/2 inch spacer. The tire I used is 205/55-16. The rear is 7x16 with an offset of 5 5/16 inches. I used a 1 inch spacer. The tire I used is 245/50-16.

Any idea of how much inside clearance you have in the front at full lock? Wonder if I could run a rear wheel on front with a 1" spacer all the way around.

sm
smrz914
i ended up posting the thumbnail, let's try again.

IPB Image
pnewman
I see alot of 911 rims on ebay for sale. Occasionally cheap. Seems as though they came w/ 17" front x 7" and rear x 9" some auctionaires state a 55mm offset ??? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

has anyone tried getting 4 each of the 7" ones and putting them on a 914? would you have to have fender flares? would you have to use spacers?

just looking down the road at converting to 5 lug from 4 and would only do it if I could put on pretty wheels. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

pete
mskala
Yes, several people in several threads did 7"x16" boxster without mods. The 40mm offset is
nearly perfect. I now have a set which will hold my 205/45/16 Kumho V700's, but not ready
yet.
Mueller
QUOTE (pnewman @ Jan 19 2006, 06:54 PM)
I see alot of 911 rims on ebay for sale. Occasionally cheap. Seems as though they came w/ 17" front x 7" and rear x 9" some auctionaires state a 55mm offset ??? hmmmmmmmmmmmm

has anyone tried getting 4 each of the 7" ones and putting them on a 914? would you have to have fender flares? would you have to use spacers?

just looking down the road at converting to 5 lug from 4 and would only do it if I could put on pretty wheels. aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah

pete

for a just about perfect setup, a 7" rim with a 205 would need a 35mm offset, so with a 55mm offset 7" rim, you'd want to run a 20mm spacer on the rear.....

for the fronts, you can actually get away with a larger spacer such as 25mm or even wider since the track on the front is 1" per side narrower on the front the rear........

Root_Werks
914 looks great! smilie_pokal.gif
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.