Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Got luggage?
914World.com > The 914 Forums > Originality and History
1970 Neun vierzehn
First the text........

next the pics........

Anyone ever see this? European only, perhaps?
davep
Not a popular option I'm afraid. About as common as a 914/4 Sportomatic.
Johny Blackstain
Now this would be an option I would consider, that is unless you have to drill something to mount them.
Pat Garvey
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Aug 27 2007, 11:43 AM) *

Now this would be an option I would consider, that is unless you have to drill something to mount them.

Don't think drilling is required, but have you ever put you nose inside your grandmothers luggage? That's how old these things would be.

Oh crap... I think I just opened Pandorras Box. No, wait, I didn't mean that either!

It's just that..... forget it. I'm about to be screwed! No, wait, I didn't mean that either..... forget it, let me have it - I'm ready (shoulders drooped).

I meant well, but now that I read it...it's pretty damned funny. Hell, I'm easily amuzed.
orthobiz
Wow, Pat, a new avatar!
I was getting tired of looking at Fritz' ass end.
Maybe I'll put up a new one myself.

Paul
Eric_Shea
Don't think drilling is required, but have you ever put you nose inside your grandmothers luggage? That's how old these things would be.

Oh crap... I think I just opened Pandorras Box. No, wait, I didn't mean that either!

It's just that..... forget it. I'm about to be screwed! No, wait, I didn't mean that either..... forget it, let me have it - I'm ready (shoulders drooped).

I meant well, but now that I read it...it's pretty damned funny. Hell, I'm easily amuzed.

drunk.gif
Johny Blackstain
QUOTE(Johny Blackstain @ Aug 27 2007, 01:43 PM) *

unless you have to drill something to mount them.

In retrospect, this was a very poor choice of words... happy11.gif
TJB/914
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 27 2007, 07:59 AM) *

First the text........

next the pics........

Anyone ever see this? European only, perhaps?

Thanks for the pictures. Sure looks Euro to me. Look at the V/W-Porsche logo on the rear panel. thumb3d.gif

Tom
BTW: I've been pushing factory options to get you guys interested in this fun stuff. The difference between playing on the porch with the big dogs is you must have factory accessory "bling" or you sit on the ground looking up. popcorn[1].gif
JeffBowlsby
Please tell us what publication / brochure this came out of...? biggrin.gif
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 28 2007, 08:38 AM) *

Please tell us what publication / brochure this came out of...? biggrin.gif

Christophorus

For those who don't know what that is, It's the crest.gif Porsche factory "in house" publication.

The issues that were published during the 914s production days contain some seldom seen photos and articles relating to the 914, but the majority of the content during those years was dedicated to the 911 and the racing programs for the 917 yawn.gif and the 911 RS/RSR, boring stuff, really biggrin.gif

At the time of publication, all this information and all these pictures were absorbed by me like a sponge, but in todays' context, a lot of the photos are of average-to-marginal quality, the captions awkward, and the publication is not even close to the quality produced by automobile monthlys we see on the newstands today. With all that said, these issues are real time capsules of the era. The 917 being one of my all-time favorite cars, these early '70s issue are full of period photos of the cars and drivers that are not widely seen.

Paul
JeffBowlsby
QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 28 2007, 11:39 AM) *

Christophorus

Which issue?
1970 Neun vierzehn
QUOTE(Jeff Bowlsby @ Aug 28 2007, 11:55 AM) *

Christophorus

Which issue?

Jeff,
I will look it up tonight in my archives when I get home and post the issue # and date tomorrow. Sorry I didn't have the presence of mind to note the date when I originally retrieved the luggage information.

Paul
1970 Neun vierzehn

Christophorus

Which issue?

Jeff,
Christophorus (English edition)#95/October 1971. The cover has a 908/2 in BP livery.

Paul
JeffBowlsby
Thanks Paul, I thought it was from early in the production.

QUOTE(1970 Neun vierzehn @ Aug 29 2007, 10:25 AM) *

Christophorus

Which issue?

Jeff,
Christophorus (English edition)#95/October 1971. The cover has a 908/2 in BP livery.

Paul

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.